WJ - going from 4" to IRO 6.5" lift question. Looking for gripes and complements. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ - going from 4" to IRO 6.5" lift question. Looking for gripes and complements.

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
fireemsjeep
1993 XJ Cherokee 

WJ - going from 4" to IRO 6.5" lift question. Looking for gripes and complements.

So recently I have just thinking about making good old Tessie, the jeep, a weekend car. Prob buy some p.o.s honda. I just love the WJ too much. So with her being a weekend car I thought 6.5 IRO lift. I really dont think I do any thing intense enough to truely need all 6.5 inches but I do like to push my 4inch to the max. If there are some guys with this lift that can give me there gripes or complements about the lift that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks JF.

fireemsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

Well, I know that when I push it to the max, I really wish I had 6.5" instead of 4.5"

Rampant Pack of Retards group president.
2000 WJ, 4.5l, AX15, 242 D60/14b, 5.5" lift front, 7.5" rear. Ford Expedition rear coils, Ram 350 shocks, JKS, IRO Long Arms, cool Badlands flag thingy.
1987 XJ - Gone but not forgotten
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Love it, tons of flex, rides great w/ LA's, and gets your belly up another 2 inches..

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

i'm going 4.5" to 6" here once i have the cash. better to have the clearance and not need it then to rip something off bc you needed 2" more of clearance

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

If it's just gonna be a weekend rig then i say GO FER IT,if it breaks you still have your P.O.S honda to get to work.
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

Dibs on the rc-x if you wanna sell it to help fund the IRO

[SIZE="3"][B]2001 WJ Laredo 4.0[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
ras2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Do it.
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
WJwheelin
1999 WJ 

do it, plenty of flex, plenty of room underneath. The critical path long arm kit is bad a$$. It's just a front long arm but it works perfect plenty of flex, if you call ask for Josh and tell him Jarrod from Moab sent you his way, he is a good guy very helpful.
mine has an older 6.5 kit plus BB (don't add BB's on top of this lift its just a pain in the butt)
WJwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
'00 , 2000 , grand cherokee , iro , la's , lift , long arms , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.