WJ Drivers seat recline not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Drivers seat recline not working

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

WJ Drivers seat recline not working

I am an XJ guy but I figured I should post this question in the WJ section. I recently picked up some 2001 WJ 6 way power leather seats to swap into my XJ. I installed and wired up the passenger side seat using the red and black wires from the harness as power and ground for power recline. Worked perfectly. Moving on to the drivers side I attempted to do the same however the seat won't recline. I tried using a 12v battery to test the wires coming from the harness but I couldn't get the seat to move. At this point I am thinking either bad recline switch, or the motor is shot. Anyone got some pointers on how I could test these ideas?

On a side note does anyone know which wires I need to wire up if I want to get the lumbar support working as well?

Thanks

FOR SALE PM me if interested!
C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Finallyajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

I wired a set of 10 way power, heated, memory leather seats to my WJ that came with manual cloth, I didn't even have the harness prewired for the driver's seat. Anyway, use a Power Probe to test the recline motor, or just jump it. That's a pretty easy check. As far as the wiring goes, I'm not too sure. Check out wjjeeps.com as they have pretty good wiring diagrams.
And as far as lumbar support, the wires for that run along the outside of the seat. Should just be a positive and ground wire from the switch to the motor.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'll check out wjjeeps.com, I was using a 12v battery to try and test the recline but no luck, that's why I was wondering about wiring, or maybe a bad motor etc.

C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
Crash4x4
2002 WJ 

My RECLINE switch will sometimes not work. Tap the worm gear under the seat a few times, lightly with a hammer, and it works...
Crash4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'll have to try that as well.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.