WJ Broken into, trashed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Broken into, trashed

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 08-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
danl1225
2004 WJ 

WJ Broken into, trashed

Came back to a smashed window, torn out wires/sub, fishing gear gone/thrown all over the parking lot, and scratches/dents EVERYWHERE.

Took a crowbar/screwdriver to the paint at the moon roof, passenger side front and back, top of the tailgate, and at the rear wiper. Took cash, my fishing backpack with all tackle, RIPPED the sub out of the back and left it on my front seat. They left some really nice fishing reels...

Wahh.

Some more pics:
http://imgur.com/a/ZprjA

danl1225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Hang...em high! And not necessarily by their necks!
Unread 08-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Stupid low life idiots!!!!!
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
ReclusiveXen
2002 WJ 

Have you called the rollers (5-0/One Time/Po-Po/Police) yet? Would they even cover that sort of thing?
ReclusiveXen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
losttech

2000 WJ 

Well that sucks if it isn't an angry ex then its local hoods they like to rob places they know and feel safe.

Put in a surveillance camera system watching your car if you can most of them are pretty cheap and you cant get ones that run on there own memory card so they don't always have to be hooked up to a computer.
Hope something pans out and they find the guys restitution is a ***** and with that much damage its surely a felony offer a couple 100$ bucks reward and make some posters and put it in craiglist idiots always brag about this stuff and one of their scummy friends will turn them in for enough money to buy some weed.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

Wj

I feel your pain bro was at the bar and came back to this.
The hit the jackpot too had my backpack with my laptop in it. over $2200 in gear stolen.

Before i got out i thought to myself "hmm, should i bring my bag into the bar? naahhh i don't want it getting all smokey"

Good thing is my Renter's insurance covered it all down to the $2 stylus for my tablet. After a $500 deductible that is.
1014049_10152224204862780_1846372671_n.jpg  
Unread 08-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

something about Jeeps and Pittsburgh, my roommate has a 2004 Laredo then I bought my 2002 limited out of my our two friends (one with a WJ and the other with a wrangler) all broken into
Unread 08-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
ReclusiveXen
2002 WJ 

I usually am pretty skeptical of leaving anything worth money like my phone in my Jeep. I got a chest full of oil and normal stuff and that's about it. I am working on my roof rack so I gotta think if a way to make sure my spare and jack and stuff don't get stolen. XD I wanna put a normal jack up there because I don't have sliders for a hi jack. Next mod for you is bulletproof windows right?
ReclusiveXen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
Ben_dover4dover
I like to smell tires

2004 WJ 

Left my car in front of my house, i guess i left it unlocked one night. so they opened the doors and stole my 2 12" subs.. Didnt break anything, so i got lucky.

that sucks for you man, i'd definitely see if insurance can cover the costs. its amazing how ****ty people can be
Unread 08-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #10
losttech

2000 WJ 

Man just looked at your other pics that's a nice looking WJ too
Hope insurance covers it.
losttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
gatorchin
2000 WJ 

That's some B.S right there...sorry they messed your rig up plus stole from you..hope they get what's coming to them down the road..karma's a *****.
00' Laredo w/4.7, 2.5/2" fat bobs coil spring lift, front 3/4" spacer, bilsteins 5100's from Kolak, rear addco w/greasable bushings, 245/16/75 treadwright wardens, 247>242 transfer case swap, all control arms replaced with aftermarket, and lots more $ into various parts
gatorchin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #12
danl1225
2004 WJ 

Still haven't gotten it back yet, in a rental now. It looks like they are going to be painting quite a bit actually...hood, roof, both passenger side doors and pillars, tailgate. They are also replacing an entire moonroof assembly, window weather strips, new headliner inside vehicle, new front passenger seat.

Still have a deductible and they are trying to hit me with some betterment, so I do have to pay a bit but it sounds like it's going to come back in real good shape. Fingers crossed.

$6k is what the collision center is billing, it's nearly totaled!

I miss driving it!!

@SirSilvia, horrible to see! Don't wish this headache on anyone, especially my fellow jeepers!
danl1225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #13
jetrinka
2002 WJ 

I HATE thieves... My vehicle got broken into once and I must have walked out right when they were doing it. I didn't see them but the window was broken and the radio was halfway removed. Something scared them away. Just lucky I didn't catch them or I'd be breaking their face through my other windows...

I hope you get everything resolved as painlessly as possible.
jetrinka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #14
js12278
1999 WJ 

No matter what there is always some scum that just has to have what isn't theirs. One time I would love to catch them in the act. They would reap the brunt of all my rage for all the thieving bastards I ever dealt with.
js12278 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.