wj all over the road. help now - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wj all over the road. help now

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
Turn wheel and wheel stays turned you need to have the toe, and caster checked. Caster needs to be around 4.5-5.5* ideally for most setups. Too little caster like 2* or less will cause the WJ to become a roller skate and the steering will not come back to center like it should.
NOT THIS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadsWJ View Post
also rear sway bar, upgrade to Addco if not already done.
waste of money for your specific problem.

WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #17
BreadsWJ
2002 WJ 

Why? If he was all over the road, his rear end could also be an issue.
He didn't specify if the rear was wandering or had tail lag.

My comment is valid. It's a suggestion without actually seeing his rig in person.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/wj-grand-cherokee-lift-parts-much-more-1341973/#post13225037[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/grand-cherokee-wj-overland-rock-rails-roof-rack-cross-rails-1351259/[/url]

"He who seeks knowledge, begins with humbleness" - Anon
BreadsWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
Voltage258
2003 WJ 

Ya i have the zone lift and have had no problems yet. I had some death wobble but once i got new tires and an alignment it went away so im not saying it is not something to do with the lift, but my experiance with it is good so far.

82 Grand Wagoneer Limited. Amc 360, Bridgstone MT's
Voltage258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #19
Hack
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadsWJ View Post
Why? If he was all over the road, his rear end could also be an issue.
He didn't specify if the rear was wandering or had tail lag.

My comment is valid. It's a suggestion without actually seeing his rig in person.
Steering not returning to center is a symptom of alignment issues. So is wandering. I'd bet he has too much toe out. Dial it in and I'll bet it feels much better, and the best part is its free to test out. I'd still get an alignment by a professional though.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #20
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

The OP already aligned Toe. Caster is the what causes the wheel not to re-center, bad Toe causes PULL and tire wear.

The rear anti-sway bar will only help during cornering to control sway and keep the vehicle level. It will not cover up or alleviate an alignment issue in the front end, nor cure the wheel not returning.

It is not valid for these symptoms. Its a suggestion that will only waste the OP's valuable money, and continue to throw money at the wrong areas.

Many cars do not have a rear sway bar, and they are not "all over the road"
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.