Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wiper hose connection under shield

423 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  88yjproject 
#1 ·
I have been having an issue with my wipers for a while now, but just ignored it. They would spray a little bit if I let the wiper motor run for a while, but it only sprayed a little bit at a time. I was going through crazy amounts for fluid.

So since it was nice over the weekend, I decided to explore a bit. FYI...pulling the windshield wiper arms is a b*ich of a project. I had to go to Auto Zone and rent a gear puller. After about a half hour I got them off. Anyway, I found the problem, but I have no idea what the thing is called or even where to get one.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the round thing (Y connection) is called or a part number for it. It's about the size of a dime and have a 3 connections and a hole in the bottom. One line goes to the wiper motor/reservoir and the other two go to the sprayers.

I took it apart hoping to see some kind of blockage, but all lines were clear. Every time I activate the sprayers the fluid comes shooting out the hole (manufactured hole) in the bottom of the connection.

Anyone know if I can just get a Y connection or do I need to stick with OEM connections. My guess is that it helps build pressure, but I don't know.

Any thoughts??

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.