Wiper hose connection under shield - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wiper hose connection under shield

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
blt65toth

Wj Wiper hose connection under shield

I have been having an issue with my wipers for a while now, but just ignored it. They would spray a little bit if I let the wiper motor run for a while, but it only sprayed a little bit at a time. I was going through crazy amounts for fluid.

So since it was nice over the weekend, I decided to explore a bit. FYI...pulling the windshield wiper arms is a b*ich of a project. I had to go to Auto Zone and rent a gear puller. After about a half hour I got them off. Anyway, I found the problem, but I have no idea what the thing is called or even where to get one.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the round thing (Y connection) is called or a part number for it. It's about the size of a dime and have a 3 connections and a hole in the bottom. One line goes to the wiper motor/reservoir and the other two go to the sprayers.

I took it apart hoping to see some kind of blockage, but all lines were clear. Every time I activate the sprayers the fluid comes shooting out the hole (manufactured hole) in the bottom of the connection.

Anyone know if I can just get a Y connection or do I need to stick with OEM connections. My guess is that it helps build pressure, but I don't know.

Any thoughts??

blt65toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Go to the dealer for it. They are cheap enough.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.