Windows and Locks not working (already fixed the wiring in the door boot) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Windows and Locks not working (already fixed the wiring in the door boot)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
ceverhar
2004 WJ 

Wj Windows and Locks not working (already fixed the wiring in the door boot)

My drivers side windows work, the drivers door will unlock (not lock) and the drivers side mirror can be adjusted. The entire passenger's side is inoperable.

After much research, I have found some broken wires in the boot of both doors. I have spliced in extensions and checked the voltage with a multimeter. Black is solid ground while Orange/White is at 12V. I have checked fuse 12 (50A, JB Power), swapped it with another, nothing. I have also taken the kick panels off the inside and check to make sure there are no breaks after the wiring goes into the vehicle. I have also taken the panels off the doors to make sure there are no broken wires. Still nothing.

Could it be the passenger door control module (thingy with switches)? I don't understand why the drivers door will unlock, but the door behind it won't unlock (there's no sound of a relay clicking or anything to indicate that it is stuck). Also the back hatch has to be manually unlocked, which is a pain in the ***.

This is my third attempt to fix the problem (been going on for 8+ months) to no avail. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ceverhar is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.