Windows/Locks not working - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Windows/Locks not working

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 08-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
new2site
2002 WJ 

And so you checked that "main connector" I posted pictures of above to make sure it's snugly pushed into place....correct ??

new2site is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
cherokee420
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
And so you checked that "main connector" I posted pictures of above to make sure it's snugly pushed into place....correct ??
Yes, and have even unplugged it and plugged it back in firmly
cherokee420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
new2site
2002 WJ 

I assume that wire bundle (from drivers door) routes up into your dash....do you recall a connection point of it in your dash area? ...maybe got disconnected putting the dash all back together..?
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
4Tom
2001 WJ 

Your taking too long to repair your a simple fault.

Grab a cheap multimeter from your local store you can check fuses broken wires and voltages that will make it much easier to faulty find rather than shoot in the dark.
Also dont half *** it as you'll only have to repeat your steps and no one will be able to help you on forum.

When I said check drivers door wiring in rubber boot you said they where fine then later found one broken. Was it one of the thicker wires black or orange.
Black is negative orange is 12v its main power to doors.

If you did repair the black then double check the orange.

Also I get the impression electricals isnt your strong point when you replaced speakers did you cut joint any cables ?
More importantly did you have any issues with power windows locks before your speaker replacement.

Tom
4Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tom View Post
Your taking too long to repair your a simple fault.

Grab a cheap multimeter from your local store you can check fuses broken wires and voltages that will make it much easier to faulty find rather than shoot in the dark.
Also dont half *** it as you'll only have to repeat your steps and no one will be able to help you on forum.

When I said check drivers door wiring in rubber boot you said they where fine then later found one broken. Was it one of the thicker wires black or orange.
Black is negative orange is 12v its main power to doors.

If you did repair the black then double check the orange.

Also I get the impression electricals isnt your strong point when you replaced speakers did you cut joint any cables ?
More importantly did you have any issues with power windows locks before your speaker replacement.
Dude, chill out. The forum is to help people, not talk down to them.
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #21
4Tom
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer-Bear View Post

Dude, chill out. The forum is to help people, not talk down to them.
So help the guy out then, rather than show your displeasure because you think I'm being harsh.

Tom
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
cherokee420
1999 WJ 

I have never had problems with my windows or locks before.

Windows and locks worked perfectly fine, I put aftermarket speakers in, and boom, windows/locks won't work. Wouldn't have anything to do with me taking the dash out, because I replaced speakers, locks/windows stopped working, THEN I took the dash out to replace the heater core.

I did not cut any wires.

Yes it was a thicker wire that was broken. It's a brown wire
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #23
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Check all the connectors in all 4 doors in both the boot that runs to the body and the connector to all your switches on the inside of the door panel, also I've had a wire break in the boot of the lift gate that caused the door locks to quit working, so it wouldn't hurt to check
Highschool_WJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #24
new2site
2002 WJ 

Did you ever get this figured out...inquiring minds want to know ...
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #25
4Tom
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee420 View Post
I have never had problems with my windows or locks before.

Windows and locks worked perfectly fine, I put aftermarket speakers in, and boom, windows/locks won't work. Wouldn't have anything to do with me taking the dash out, because I replaced speakers, locks/windows stopped working, THEN I took the dash out to replace the heater core.

I did not cut any wires.

Yes it was a thicker wire that was broken. It's a brown wire
Yes it could be that you disconnected something behind the dash

I have a feeling that although your door wiring was damaged it is not issue. Unless of course the black wire is broken too.

A circuit or wiring diagram plus a multimeter may be needed to track this down. If you can't find wiring diagram let me know and I'll try dig out something.

At a minium with ignition switch on the thick brown cable is 12v and black is negative.

Tom
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #26
cherokee420
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
Did you ever get this figured out...inquiring minds want to know ...
yes I did manage to get it fixed. there was a broken wire on the passenger side front door where the wires run through the rubberboot from the body to the door
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #27
cherokee420
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Yes it could be that you disconnected something behind the dash

I have a feeling that although your door wiring was damaged it is not issue. Unless of course the black wire is broken too.

A circuit or wiring diagram plus a multimeter may be needed to track this down. If you can't find wiring diagram let me know and I'll try dig out something.

At a minium with ignition switch on the thick brown cable is 12v and black is negative.

I don't think you read my post correctly. Explain how it could be something that I disconnected behind the dash ?
My windows and locks worked fine, never had a problem. I take all my door panels off, replace speakers, put door panels back on, and then the windows and locks stopped working.
I tried to figure out the problems for a few hours and I couldn't, so I replaced my heater core.
Like I said before, the windows and locks were not working before replacing the heater core.

Anyways, I have not been on here lately. Fixed the window/lock problem.
There was a broken wire in the door boot on the passenger front door. added some wire in there with butt connecters and everything is working fine.
Unread 08-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #28
4Tom
2001 WJ 

solution on 2nd posting of this thread. From that to this posting there has only been confusion and misinformation.
Glad you got it fixed.

Tom
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #29
cherokee420
1999 WJ 

Quote:
solution on 2nd posting of this thread. From that to this posting there has only been confusion and misinformation.
Glad you got it fixed.
Thanks im glad I got it fixed too haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.