window tint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > window tint

1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 07-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
damessor92
2000 WJ 

window tint

how hard is it to remove the windows on a 2000 jeep grand cherokee. im looking to do 35% metalized tint on top of the stock tint and on the front windows. just wondering how much tint and how tall i should get it

damessor92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
kaestacrunch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damessor92
how hard is it to remove the windows on a 2000 jeep grand cherokee. im looking to do 35% metalized tint on top of the stock tint and on the front windows. just wondering how much tint and how tall i should get it
You don't need to remove the window to do it. So, just measure your window.
kaestacrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Schlotzky
2007 XK Commander 

If you're doing the tinting yourself, ebay has laser pre-cut tint for most vehicles including the WJ. I tinted my front windows to match the factory stuff (%20) with laser cut tint ( I think the seller I used was tint-pro (click)). I've used the same seller to tint my last 3 cars. It's great quality and doesn't turn purple like the stuff you get at wal-mart does. And no, you don't have to take off your windows, but removing the door panels to tint the front and rear doors makes things easier.

Taken about 10 months after installation. I helped a buddy tint his truck with Wal-Mart tint and 6 months later it is starting to turn purple already!

Schlotzky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
derekmac

2002 WJ 

Yeah, no need to remove the windows. Whatever you do though, make sure you get a good quality window film, something like SunTek CXP.

http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotiv...otive-cxp.aspx
Future: 4" lift and lockers

Build thread.
derekmac is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

I will give all you guys props who do the tinting yourself. I tried to do it on my own and got so mad that I gave up. I couldn't get the tint to lay flat under the weather stripping on the bottoms of the windows and just ended up paying someone to do it.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #6
MWF
2002 WJ 

That weather stripping pops right out and makes it so much easier. I managed to do my side windows but failed twice on the tailgate.
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

For curved windows like the tailgate, you will need to use a heat gun.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
damessor92
2000 WJ 

thanks guys so much easier well my buddys going to help me do it and he takes the windows out to do it
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #9
damessor92
2000 WJ 

how do you get it around the dot matrix around the windows
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #10
grussell
2001 WJ 

There is a lot of how to DIY on Youtube made by pro's that do it for a living. Just do a search. A few cheap tools to get under weatherstripping and your set. Taking the windows out just makes it complicated. I did the fronts last year.
jeep2.jpg

Unread 03-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #11
Johnyre
2002 WJ 

I learned for the dub jays that removing the weather strip helps a lot. I guess nothing is better then trail and error
Johnyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.