Window falling down - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Window falling down

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 12-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
MarkBlair

Window falling down

As I was driving today my passenger window slowly started sliding down by itself. The switch wouldn't work so I tried to pull it up with my hands, when I let it go it completely fell all the way in and won't move, do you think it just fell off the track? I can hear it moving inside the door when I press the switch for it

MarkBlair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
PERK
1983 CJ7 

you need a new window regulator, common brakeage on a wj. there's a few you tubes on the replacement.
PERK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
MarkBlair

Alright thanks, that's probably $30-$40 if I'm not mistaken
MarkBlair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
PackLifeNC
2001 WJ 

Definitely a regulator. I've gone through a few on my wj.
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
cubalz
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBlair View Post
Alright thanks, that's probably $30-$40 if I'm not mistaken
Uh, no. Dorman ones (these are what you want, not the ebay crap) will run you around $100.00 ea complete from Auto Zone, Adavance Auto etc. I have replaced most of mine in my WJ. Word of advice: Slamming your doors hard is the main culprit of this type of failure. I close mine easy now and have not had any issues since.
2003 Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 GY Duratracs, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" BL, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin ATS Rear Bumper, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker, Skid Row Engine, LCA and Gas Tank Skid Plates, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adj Arms
cubalz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

99 times out of a hundred, its just the regulator, NOT the motor that needs to be replaced. Local auto parts stores usually only carry ones with the motor included and usually for over $100. Rockauto.com has complete units, with motors for around $60. Or without motors for around $30.

What you can do while you wait for shipping is take the door panel off, take the old regulator out, pull the window up and put a couple bolts in the holes along the top where the panel snaps in. They are at perfect height to hold the window up with out it bouncing around.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
NU_WJ

I was able to fix mine for free (the rear passenger window anyways). There's a fix I found where you use a piece of metal hanger wire to secure the window regulator cable (bc it's the plastic anchor that breaks). It's been working perfectly for over a year now. If money's no issue then go ahead and buy new...but may not be necessary. My 2 cents.
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
NU_WJ

Here's the link.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...-with-pictures
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.