Wierd Infinity Stereo Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wierd Infinity Stereo Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
rudes
2002 WJ 

Wierd Infinity Stereo Problem

I have a 2002 with stock Infinity sound system that has the CD/cassette head unit, amp under back seat and speakers in the dash and 4 doors. The front left dash speaker has an annoying buzzing sound coming from it, almost like it's blown. The right side is fine. I swap left and right speakers and the noise is still on the left front side. I swap amps and the noise is still on the left front side. I swap head unit and the noise is still there. Only thing left is the wiring. What's up??

rudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

did you check the wires from the headunit to make sure everything is intact? same for the wires by the speaker also... when I swapped headunits I had one speaker wire on the factory harness come loose and cause a buzzing from only one speaker. I forced the wire back into its place and glued it in so it wouldn't come out again.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
mikeyc1821
2004 WJ 

i have the same issue, it also seems that i have no bass untill the stereo "warms" up then the buzzing goes away and everything is a lot louder.. anythoughts
mikeyc1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Thegdog
1999 WJ 

Its a buzz right? Not a rattling? I thought that mine was blown at first, but I realized it was just the plastic on the dash ratting. Could be some kind of EMI. Do you have any other equipment in the car that could cause that?
Thegdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #5
rudes
2002 WJ 

The sound is exactly what a speaker with a damaged voice coil would sound like. It works but has that annoying rattle buzz type sound that fluctuates with music and voice. I will check all my din connections on amp and head unit today.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
mikeyc1821
2004 WJ 

kind of sounds like a fly stuck in the screen door.
mikeyc1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Thegdog
1999 WJ 

Have to tried sending audio to amp directly? Bypassing the head?
Thegdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
rudes
2002 WJ 

Thanks for the replies guys! I sprayed all DIN connectors, head unit and amp. That did it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.