Why I had no heat, pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Why I had no heat, pics

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Cobra Jeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why I had no heat, pics

Well I tried several times but could never get my heater core to flow good. Tried a water hose, compressed air, even a steam cleaner pressure washer with no luck.

So today my dash had a out of vehicle experiance. I replced the heater core, evap core (figured I might as well since I was already in there and also replaced the recirc door/housing and the door actuators.

After all was said and done, I now have heat, and I wanted to see what the old heater core looked like inside. So heres the pic:

I also found the evap core was pretty nasty and partly stopped up with debris. Pic:

Just figured I would share the pics so people could see. If you tried flushing your heater core with no luck, I bet it probably looks like mine.

'79 Cherokee Chief, 401 MPFI fuel injection, T-18/D-20 and hydroboost. Otherwise stock.
Future mods: NV4500, NP205, high pinion D60 front and smooth bottom D60 rear, e-lockers front & rear. SOA with 35X12.50's
Cobra Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

That's nasty as can be! Was it green coolant in there or something?
mycreativename is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
glassyjeep
1973 CJ5 

Did that job summer of 2012 on my XJ. What fun. Had the heater box back in and dash in place only to find that the blend door was bound up. Pulled it back out and fixed it. What fun. Second time I was much faster!

http://u-oil.net
Synthetic Oil For What Moves You!
glassyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.