Who knows something about suspension? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Who knows something about suspension?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 11-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

like these guys are saying, do not cheap out on a lift. You will pay more cash now or lots of time and money later fixing issues. If you have the money, buy everything adjustable: TB, CA's long or short, swaybar links and so on.

98 ZJ 5.2L JGC Limited Sold
02 4.7L HO JGC Overland
ZJPunk98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
plmac

Experienced the death wobble for the first time the other day in my 2001 wj with 130,000 miles completely stock daily driver. I found movement in both ends of track bar and two TRE with a little more play than the others, parts are on the way. Can both bushings be replaced in the control arms or do you just replace the whole arm? The oval shaped control arm bushing has cracks in it so I'll be fixing that also.

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited, completly stock daily driver.
plmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
MuddyWJ
2004 WJ 

Easier to just replace whole CA.
MuddyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
brouwmat

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmac View Post
Experienced the death wobble for the first time the other day in my 2001 wj with 130,000 miles completely stock daily driver. I found movement in both ends of track bar and two TRE with a little more play than the others, parts are on the way. Can both bushings be replaced in the control arms or do you just replace the whole arm? The oval shaped control arm bushing has cracks in it so I'll be fixing that also.
Just get a new adj TB and LCA's with your lift (if that is the route you are going anyway). Don't dump money into fixing things that you are going to pull off shortly.

I would just do the TRE's now. Save your money and buy a 4" lift.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #20
Kolak
Vendor

You just replace the entire arm if the oval bushing is cracked. Send me a PM or email me at kolak@aol.com if you want some pricing on replacement arms. I have OE quality arms at an excellent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmac View Post
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.