whistling sound while accelerating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > whistling sound while accelerating

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
MoMuddin
2000 WJ 

whistling sound while accelerating

Hi guys- I have a 2000 WJ V8 4.7 with 135k miles on it and recently there has been a whistling noise while accelerating. Typically, a few minutes after I start the engine and head out onto the highway, I will accelerate to 3500 or so RPMs to get up to the 65mph speed limit. While doing so, there is a whistling sound coming from the engine area as the Jeep climbs/accelerates to a higher mph. This only happens after Ive started the Jeep and for the first 5-10 minutes or so while I am driving and need to climb to a higher mph. I am not punching the accelerator or abusing it, however when I need to accelerate and have the RPMs at a higher rate, there is a whistling sound that gets louder as the RPMS climb.

Any suggestions as to what this may be?

MoMuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
nickblack
1999 WJ 

Tighten up the clamp on the hose from the throttle body to the air box.
nickblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.