Wheelin your WJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheelin your WJ

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #31
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

LoL the only wheeling in my area is illegal wheeling or the bumpy dirt road to your camp site. Other then that you have to travel AND pay. Must be nice to wheel for free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding, the only true off road area we had here was closed off. Now we have just the beach and you really have to pay to drive on that for 10 miles. Every time I visit Colorado im reminded of what im really missing. You guys out west really have it made.

Also, I agree with the others here. My Jeep is seriously too nice to take rock crawling and beat all the body panels in, but for light to medium trails and camping its perfect. If I wanted to do rock crawling id pick up a really beat wrangler or better yet what I saw yesterday. The vehicle? A very used silver two door 1980's Mitsubishi Montero. It was lifted, big agressive tires, roof rack, was rusted up along the bottom, and being driven by a very hot red headed towson university student. Now that id take off road and beat up with no regrets(The mitsu, just so were clear ). It was just so cool looking!

Im totally on CL and ebay now looking for one!

Cirruslydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

2-door Monteros are cool! I also have a strange attraction to the Isuzu VehiCROSS. Something about that thing reminds me of those waterproof sandals that came out in the 90s. "AquaSocks".

Now that I put the WJ into a wall I've realized that "stuff happens" and if I really want to enjoy the trail I can't be terrified of damage. Just deal with it an move on.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
04dubjay

I hate living on LI for one reason... Only place you can legally drive "off road", is the beach. Boooooo
Unread 05-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

Beach driving is fun if you can open it up over some dunes. Unfortunately a lot of beaches have stopped that due to errosion. I built my WJ with an OME 1.5" lift knowing I would net about 2". Mostly for remote camping and some back road exploring. Now I have been bit by the addiction and want to go rock crawling around the class VI roads in New Hampshire. I'm not quite capable enough yet but getting there. And yes, damage/carnage is expected with that level of offroading. Got to be ready to put repair money in everytime you go out.
fosterjd79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.