What's this part that has rotted off my rear suspension? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What's this part that has rotted off my rear suspension?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 10-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
andygio71
2001 WJ 

What's this part that has rotted off my rear suspension?

image-780299735.jpg

I noticed today that this part has rotted off completely. It's supposed to be the part that the axle mounted bump stop hits, but I have had no luck in locating it online or in my Haynes manual. It's mounted on the body, in the left rear coil. Does anyone know what it is?

Sorry for the quality of the pic

andygio71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
bradywgn71

2002 WJ 

It's your bumpstop. Have one fabbed up and welded in there. It's just a capped piece of tube. Measure the one on the other side, if its intact, for reference.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.