whats the length - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
chriswj

whats the length

Hey guys im puttin my longarm lift this weekend what are the lengths you guys have ie how far did you extend them to get it right i have a clayton cross member and iron man long arms with a 4.5 inch lift

2000 Wj in the works taking donations daily!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
chriswj

bump anybody have any measurements

post #3 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
chriswj

Really nobody has the lengths

post #4 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I think that if you are installing a long lift, people expect you to be able to figure the control arms out yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Richard
post #5 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
chriswj

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
I think that if you are installing a long lift, people expect you to be able to figure the control arms out yourself.
ok understood and i am very capable of doing this this not my first rodeo this my first grand so i was just wandering what people lengths are so im no playin around allday to figure ir out is that such bad info to ask am i admitting some kind of post nono or somthin i just want a little dam info

post #6 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM
TjinTopeka
2002 WJ 

Give the guy a break he just wants a starting point, it's not like he's cheating on a test. Not a hit at you billz but for some reason no one is willing to answer this question anytime someone asks it no matter the model or lift.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 PM
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

No I get that. I don't have the answer. I was just hypothesizing about why there's no response. I'd think that setting up a long arm system takes a lot of trial and error, and one person's measurements won't guarantee success on someone else's rig.

If you install the crossmember at stock height, measure from crossmember to LCA mount (on the axle), you should be able to extrapolate the approximate length with a lift using a little trig. But that only gives you stock axle location, and you might want to stretch the axle forward a little for tire clearance.

~Richard
post #8 of 8 Old 03-29-2012, 06:24 AM
skain8

2002 WJ 

If you are using Clayton's crossmember, then use his instructions. Clayton gives you an eye-to-eye measurement, which will be a good starting point. There really is not much to it.

Wher's der rodeo n Williamsport?

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.