what shall i do? Please read! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what shall i do? Please read!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
XJ57
2001 WJ 

what shall i do? Please read!

PLEASE READ I NEED YOUR OPINION>> I have asked alot of questions about this, but i have the hydraulic fan on my wj and i put normal ps fluid in and then it started whining and ive flushed it and on long drives it goes away put around town it whines, now i have a leak from around the ps resivoir and i think its a gasket or o-ring cause the hoses are fine. so i cant decide weather to try to save the P/S pump which it might not be savable or i can buy one from a junkyard for 45$ so what do you think is the best idea?

XJ57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
straty1987

clean up the mess with break clean and make sure were the leaking is coming from.

did you upgrade to the new PS hose?
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
XJ57
2001 WJ 

upgrade?
XJ57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
straty1987

yea. 01-04 Grand Cherokee 4.7L Hydraulic Power Steering Hose

the hose was updated since the original one would leak at the fitting were it connects to the pump.

if you leaking at the fitting that this hose connects to on the pump replace it with teh newer version 5019708AE and pick up 2 quarts of PS fluid MS5931from the dealer to replace all the old fluid. 3 quarts if you want some extra. dont take ATF+4 from them

i know a new pump is around $300 and i hear most say its not worth trying a used one.

i posted how to flush the PS and a pic hear if you see your leak at #1 on the pic its a bad hose most likely .
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ement-1103711/
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.