what muffler to get 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what muffler to get 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
Darnice
2004 WJ 

Pretty much all non OEM mufflers drone. It's all of how much you can stand. If its a daily driver on the highway, you better have a high tolerance for drone.

Unless you stock is shot, do nothing. Wife will be happy.

Darnice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Skyfox16

Sorry to bump and old thread...
I recent put on a Flowmaster 50 sub series and for me it seems too loud when crusing around with rpms around 2k especially with the windows down. Is there any other suggestions on what to try? I like the sound outside but wish it was quieter inside.
Skyfox16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #18
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

^ Skyfox16, alot of owners of a 4.7 go with the Flowmaster 70. Search for 'Kolak exhaust' and read the reviews. He also offers Jeep forum members a discount.
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
Olese
2000 WJ 

Borla...all the way! No droning at all with my 4.7 and a great sound.
Olese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #20
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Magnaflow cat, flowmaster 50 series with 3" pipe. Nothing better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1WtWixR6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfox16 View Post
Sorry to bump and old thread...
I recent put on a Flowmaster 50 sub series and for me it seems too loud when crusing around with rpms around 2k especially with the windows down. Is there any other suggestions on what to try? I like the sound outside but wish it was quieter inside.
I would install some sound deadening material underneath the carpet. It cuts noise down alot, and its really inexpensive. 120 bucks for your whole jeep.
Unread 09-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #21
Jeepwalker1
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I put a Walker Stainless Steel muffler on my wife's ZJ. It's a little louder than stock not obtrusive. No droning down the road. Best part it's stainless. I must have replaced the other aftermarket mufflers every 3 years. Bought it off Advance Autoparts website at a nice discount.

Jeepwalker
Unread 09-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #22
Skyfox16

Just a followup - I had the flow master 50 series removed - i don't know if it was the stock piping or what but i had a terrible drone on the highway around 2K rpms which is where the rpms are most of the time on the highway. If i lowered the windows it was even worse. I loved the sound of the 50 but just couldn't take the noise on the inside.

I went to auto zone and picked up a Walker Sound FX Muffler - ended up getting it for $40 and i love it. It is louder than stock but I only really hear it at idle and when accelerating. On the highway its almost completely silent.

I wish i was one of the people saying that the 50 series isn't out inside because i loved the sound outside (but for me it just didn't workout).
Skyfox16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.