what kind of paint ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what kind of paint ?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
JeepJeepMoF04
2004 WJ 

what kind of paint ?

Have you used For those plastic bumpers and trim....please post pics

JeepJeepMoF04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
JeepJeepMoF04
2004 WJ 

Ok well im gonna try krylon fusion and see how it goes
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

If you are trying to color match, buy Duplicolor.

I sprayed my flares, front bumper, and sliders with Duplicolor and it matches the factory paint very well.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Agreed. Duplicolor will help it match your vehicle. Krylon Fusion works well as a cheap alternative though it won't match. A third option people use is spray on bed liner.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
outbackmatt

Man I wish I knew you could paint the laredo cladding with duplicolor to match the body before I decided to spray mine with krylon fusion black. I really dont like the black cladding look against my jeeps steel blue body, however, its still much better than the faded plastic.
outbackmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackmatt View Post
Man I wish I knew you could paint the laredo cladding with duplicolor to match the body before I decided to spray mine with krylon fusion black. I really dont like the black cladding look against my jeeps steel blue body, however, its still much better than the faded plastic.
I like mine.

Damn! I can't post pictures using the app!
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
twgamm
1999 WJ 

Rust-oleum trim and bumper (like $6)
twgamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
outbackmatt

Do any of you wear a mask when spraying this stuff?

Here is my krylon paint job before and after.

outbackmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
JeepJeepMoF04
2004 WJ 

Im thinking satin black as i have the graphite metalic color and wanna go with black rims brushguard tints and tail guarss
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

The company named SEM makes spray can dyes specifically made for automotive plastic. I haven't done my Jerp yet, but if it's still around in the spring I will spray the trim.
2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.