what kind of muffler do u have ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what kind of muffler do u have ?

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #16
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 029s
I don't run a muffler and the best part is its free. I personally like the sound of open exhaust.
what do u just have a straight pipe ?

Unread 09-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #17
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Kolak exhaust, sound video in my profile,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #18
Islanders22
2001 WJ 

I have a v8 and at first ran a thrush glass pack and wasn't happy with the sound at all. I actually bought a magnaflow glass pack yesterday and its much better then the thrush. The sound seems way for natural and loud. Although I kinda wish I went with a cherry bomb, supposidly there the loudest.
Islanders22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
029s
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
what do u just have a straight pipe ?
I removed everything from the muffler back and put a turn down on. I still have the factory cats on.
029s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #20
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

My 4.7 has a 3" Kolak with the Flowmaster 50 SUV. I wish I would have gotten the Flowmaster 70 SUV as its deeper and quieter.

There are plenty of videos on youtube....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
Suprmn004
2001 WJ 

I have an 01 WJ with the 4.0 in it and I've had flowmaster 40 series along with a 3.5inch tip on mine for about 3 years now. I absolutely love the sound of it. Especially paired with a CAI.
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
marcall
2004 WJ 

I just put the Rusty's catback on yesterday (4.0) and finished the tailpipe today as I ran out of daylight yesterday. It's a Flowmaster delta 50 with 2.5 mandrel tube, clamps and intermediate pipe for the muffler to cat connection. I love love love the sound. It's nice and aggressive but not at all "too much" or droney. It's a good throaty sound while not being obnoxious. Without the tailpipe when the muffler had it's day to reverberate off the underbody it was LOUD, so loud dogs would bark from their backyards as I approached a few houses away

The tailpipe reduced the decible level a bit and made it perfect.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
Poseidon
2002 WJ 

V8, Flowmaster Super 44 with a turndown. It is quite a bit louder than stock, but I like it.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
turrillas
2004 WJ 

magnaflow

Today I put magnaflow it has deeper sound than flowmaster 40, but is more discrete than flowmaster.

My preference is deeper sound but smoth, rather than noise all the time. magnaflow is my choice because it fits my mood!

What I did I asked to put both on my WJ, first magnaflow, than flowmaster 40, than again magnaflow. In all three time I push the accelerator, de-accelerate and accelerte, on and off several, times. Than my choice was magnaflow, even the guy from the shop said He never sold one of MF and He really liked the sound over the FM.

But is your choice, once you hear them make your decision!
turrillas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #25
Lil_Ape
2002 WJ 

Im running kolaks 3" exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, 18" case I think, or which ever is included in kolaks exhaust. Have a electric cut out too, between the muffler and cat. I like magnaflows or borlas. Or any glass pack. I'm running dynomax race bullets on my cammed C10. and it's still 6x louder than my wj will ever be. even with it's cut out open. I like glass pack type mufflers because they all give you a deep sound instead of the raspy hollow sound you get with flowmasters. Not that flowmasters are bad, I just never really like the sound they produce, sound like bees in a can, while glass pack mufflers give of that deep tone like thunder and can vibrate cars around them.
Unread 09-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #26
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Flowmaster 70, full 3" Kolak exhaust, sounds awsome
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #27
bana121
2001 WJ 

^ Same here with a magnaflow high flow cat, Love the sound.
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #28
atinari
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just put on a magnaflow glasspack on my 4.0. Not too loud but it gives it a mean idle and throaty sound. Cheap too.
atinari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.