What i have been up to - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What i have been up to

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

Wj What i have been up to

For the last couple of weeks, i have been working on my 04 WJ special edition. i was going to post in the "what did you do to your WJ today", but decided to put it all in one post.

i will be leaving for college in 2 weeks, so i decided that i needed to finally do some work that i have been avoiding.

Before last winter i got new tires (31's) and new wheels with different backspacing to give the jeep a better stance. I wasn't planing on doing any wheeling with this jeep so i did not lift it. but, i won a daystar gift certificate at a jeep jamboree that i used to get a 2in BB. so i installed that last week. after seeing how bad my shocks were i decided i needed new ones. so i bought some Bilsteins from Kolak.

[IMG][/IMG]

now to the fun part. 3-4 months ago i ordered a front, and rear bumper from protofab. i wanted these metal ones mainly to get d rings, also to enhance the look of the jeep. It also helps that i was rear ended at high school which took out that bumper, and then i hit a deer which took out my front end....

So, after doing a bunch of cutting i got the front on, i think it looks nice. but the rear is a different story.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thats my sister's red WJ in the back, and if you look closely you can see you back of my dad's and I YJ.

It took me like 2.5-3 hours just to get the old hitch off becouse it was rusted on so badly (but that was the easiest thing i had to do so far). The rear bumper has a tire carrier so the thing weighs a ton which makes it hard to test fit it by myself. after rigging up a device to hold the bumper (consisting of 2 dollys, woden board, two jack stands, and two floor jacks) i was able to lift the bumper on the jeep, only to find out i had to do more cutting and re locate some filter for the gas tank. I also realized that i will also have to cut and move my exaust so it wont hang down below the bumper. Hopefully i will be able to finish the rear tomorrow.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Durring all off this, i also did the brakes on my sisters 2000 WJ, new power seat motors, new batteries in both WJ's, and rewired all of my interior LEDS.

thought i should post this since i never really post anything, and also just to show you guys what i have been working during the last half of high school.

thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Hey man, it's always nice every once in a while to save up some things and get a bunch of sh*t all done at once. I'm jealous, man. I don't have the money to get done what I want to get done, and now I'm REALLY jonesing to get rid of my WJ for a Wagoneer...so I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I really want to do the LED lights in my WJ. It needs other things though so that'll probably stay on the backburner... I need front upper control arms most of all. I need 4 matching tires, too but I want to do a little lift and get some 245/75's on it. Again...money...
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

got the rear on, also started to relocate my evap canister.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.