What i have been up to - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What i have been up to

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

Wj What i have been up to

For the last couple of weeks, i have been working on my 04 WJ special edition. i was going to post in the "what did you do to your WJ today", but decided to put it all in one post.

i will be leaving for college in 2 weeks, so i decided that i needed to finally do some work that i have been avoiding.

Before last winter i got new tires (31's) and new wheels with different backspacing to give the jeep a better stance. I wasn't planing on doing any wheeling with this jeep so i did not lift it. but, i won a daystar gift certificate at a jeep jamboree that i used to get a 2in BB. so i installed that last week. after seeing how bad my shocks were i decided i needed new ones. so i bought some Bilsteins from Kolak.

[IMG][/IMG]

now to the fun part. 3-4 months ago i ordered a front, and rear bumper from protofab. i wanted these metal ones mainly to get d rings, also to enhance the look of the jeep. It also helps that i was rear ended at high school which took out that bumper, and then i hit a deer which took out my front end....

So, after doing a bunch of cutting i got the front on, i think it looks nice. but the rear is a different story.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thats my sister's red WJ in the back, and if you look closely you can see you back of my dad's and I YJ.

It took me like 2.5-3 hours just to get the old hitch off becouse it was rusted on so badly (but that was the easiest thing i had to do so far). The rear bumper has a tire carrier so the thing weighs a ton which makes it hard to test fit it by myself. after rigging up a device to hold the bumper (consisting of 2 dollys, woden board, two jack stands, and two floor jacks) i was able to lift the bumper on the jeep, only to find out i had to do more cutting and re locate some filter for the gas tank. I also realized that i will also have to cut and move my exaust so it wont hang down below the bumper. Hopefully i will be able to finish the rear tomorrow.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Durring all off this, i also did the brakes on my sisters 2000 WJ, new power seat motors, new batteries in both WJ's, and rewired all of my interior LEDS.

thought i should post this since i never really post anything, and also just to show you guys what i have been working during the last half of high school.

thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Ravie
1999 WJ 

Hey man, it's always nice every once in a while to save up some things and get a bunch of sh*t all done at once. I'm jealous, man. I don't have the money to get done what I want to get done, and now I'm REALLY jonesing to get rid of my WJ for a Wagoneer...so I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I really want to do the LED lights in my WJ. It needs other things though so that'll probably stay on the backburner... I need front upper control arms most of all. I need 4 matching tires, too but I want to do a little lift and get some 245/75's on it. Again...money...
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
thevetteguy
2004 WJ 

got the rear on, also started to relocate my evap canister.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
thevetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.