What else am I in for??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What else am I in for???

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 05-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
scparrish
1999 WJ 

Ls motor swap with a 4l60 will fix it up nice power mpg reliability and cheap parts can't be beat

scparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #17
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

I seem to remember reading something about a "fix" for the heads dropping the valves on the 4.7. Like a different type of head or valve seat that expands with the head. i cant remember. Might be something to look into. I know if mine ever dropped a valve I wouldn't hesitate to fix it and keep my wj going. I love that dam thing and it teaches me how to be a mechanic. Or forces me to learn. I like that.

Sent from the top of my VISA card
Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 03:11 AM   #18
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Yes they can be re engineered ....at great cost....let's face it, valve seats don't fall out of most heads due to a bit of over heating as most cars are built that way...so its possible! Just DCs usual high standard of engineering!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.