what do I need to know before I swap a rear JK D44? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what do I need to know before I swap a rear JK D44?

Halloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
MEinSoCal
2001 WJ 

Wj what do I need to know before I swap a rear JK D44?

do i need extended or different brake lines?

what about emergency brake, what do i have to do for this?

i have the rear drive shaft from the 4.0L V8, that was mated to a 242HD, will this be a direct bolt on to the JK D44?

since i have the non-Rubicon axle, i don't have the e-locker, so no need to worry about any wiring for that.

not really worried about the spring, shock and sway bar mounts, as those will all be custom done.

anything else I didn't cover and should know about before i get started?

Unread 02-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
3JsWJ
2003 WJ 

I think you're good for the most part. Your single brake line should mount to the JK brake line at the T on the axle. You stock e-brake cables will attach to the new JK system.
Don't know about driveshaft as that would be custom to your setup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.