What did you pay for your WJ? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you pay for your WJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 11-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #91
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajones_01WJ View Post
$4500 3 years ago for 01 limited w/V8 and 125,000 on the clock from a soccer mom lol. They thought the transmission was having trouble because it would cluck when downshifting coming to a stop light. i replaced the u joint on a hunch and 50,000 later everything is great.I've towed tandem axle car trailers fully loaded for 5 hour trips and never have a problem. It takes it like a brute. Cant beat the bright red and silveblade #3 wheels that was an option with the 01 limiteds...very clean look in my opinion.

BTW: still had the window sticker from the lot when it was brand new in the glove box. $35,400 was the price in 2001 all optioned out.

before and after grill guard. it looked a little to clean shaven on the front for my taste hahahahahha
TBH that's about the best looking RED stock WJ I've seen IMO. Very nice looking. I looked at a few Red WJs and couldn't find one I liked enough so I went in the exact opposite direction

I might have already posted this, but they were asking $5000 and I offered $4500 for an '04 Ltd V8 w/122k on it, quadradrive, decked out incl. sunroof/cd changer/leather black paint on black leather. Pretty clean WJ aside from having to get them to fix a tranny code which wound up being a torque converter. It now has 126k on it and I haven't done a lot to it aside from immediate maintenance I would normally do (diff fluid check/replaced, oil, tranny flushed/replaced with atf+4,) It still needs new tires badly but I can't afford the almost $1200 that I was quoted for BFG AT/KOs so I'll wait for a few months (tax season) when tire prices seem to drop and I can find some better deals. I love the **** out of my WJ. Even in the TX heat the AC cools it off quick and just damnit I love this truck!

(I've got a pic of my new WJ in my profile but apparently I'm too dumb to figure out how to post it here LOL) So yeah check my profile for the pic of my WJ.

Since the top pic was taken I've replaced the front brakes with some cheapo pads and will be replacing them again when I can afford the $$$ for some better rotors (extg rotors are in terrible condition) and I'll be putting high quality pads on it at that time. The second pic is of course before I bought it when the wheels were still clean hahaha

maybe this will work:

JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #92
WJefy
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joia
I can't believe some of the deals you guys get. Around here $5k will buy you one in terrible condition with 150k+ miles. I paid $8500 for an 03 overland with 80k miles and it's as clean as as a whistle and I feel like I got a deal. This was after refusing to pay $10500 for an 03 overland from the dealer which only had 60k miles but was in very rough/neglected shape. The dealer sold his the same day I passed on it.
+1...I traveled 200 miles south to buy an '04 Overland with 92k for just under $10k 6 months ago, and it took a while to find it. Still haven't seen one as nice. This one was babied and is spotless. Where I live an hour north of Pittsburgh, you can't find a clean one even if you trade your first born for it.
WJefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #93
rlith

Just bought my current 2000 Grand Cherokee Ltd for 3k. 120k miles, quadra drive, 4.7 etc etc... No major issues so far
rlith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #94
bigsick

Just picked up a very clean 04 Limited with quadradrive, has 87000 KM and i paid 7000 canadian.
bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #95
Cassafrass
2000 WJ 

Bought mine about a year ago. 2000 limited V8. Like 150,000 miles and in good shape overall. From PA so lots of surface rust underneath, nothing abnormal. Paint in good condition and had been serviced every 4,000 miles. I paid $5300 from a dealer, figured it was worth a little extra for the condition it was in. Every other WJ in the area was the same price or more and in much worse condition.

Rear axle seal blew about 2 months after I bought it. Ruined the rear brake system and cost about $1000 overall. While it was at my mechanics he recommended replacing the trailing arms and some other suspension stuffs. Cost about another $1000 with labor. About two months later I needed all four shocks. All of this is to be expected with a 13 year old vehicle, but I definitely would have paid less for the jeep itself if I would have known. Plus my AC is now shot and I'm having idle/engine issues.

Sometimes it makes me sick to think I sold my baby to fund the WJ purchase.

Cassafrass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #96
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Picked up the WJ stock with 203k miles for 3300

And about 12k later including the new motor...

Now its the JK's turn, doh!
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #97
wjjeep19
2002 WJ 

Mint 2002WJ 4.0 85000miles for $5.5k
wjjeep19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #98
jonfrat
2001 WJ 

Bought an '01 WJ a few weeks ago for $1,000 knowing it had motor issues. Had my shop replace the existing 4.0 which had 180k on it with a 4.0 out of an '04 model that has 105k. Picking it up tomorrow night from the shop. All in all I have $2,500 into it.
jonfrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #99
Jaybautz
2004 WJ 

Replying to WJefy from 11/10/13 and everyone else; took a train (first ever) from Baltimore to New York City Central Station, cab (first ever) from there to Brooklyn to view 03 Overland with 28K for $9K; had my doubts at first figuring the pics I saw just showed the good points - was expecting a huge dent or blown rear (not inspected); turned out to need some TLC and tires but in very good shape; engine and trany tight and responsive, no leaks, minor abrasion on rear quarter; made the deal for $8K, temp tags (used car dealer wholesale) and drove it home and nothing blew up; I was amazed; cleaned up nicely, interior like new, new tires, wheels, full compound and wax, still working on stuff but very pleased; total travel was about 400 miles, what an adventure (had $8K in cash hidden in my pants so the dealer could let it go that day - cash talks. Almost drove to an estate auction in Ohio to bid on an 03 Limited with 35K on it - was prepared to pay $10K but hoping to get it for $8k or less; changed my mind at the last minute cause temp. titling would require me to have made 2 trips (or spend 3 days there) or tow is home which I couldn't do; called the auctioneer a few days later to see what it sold for...$15K!!!!!!!!
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #100
oof_da
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybautz View Post
Replying to WJefy from 11/10/13 and everyone else; took a train (first ever) from Baltimore to New York City Central Station, cab (first ever) from there to Brooklyn to view 03 Overland with 28K for $9K
I thought I was the only one to travel crazy distances to look at trucks. My wife still thinks I'm crazy...I think i saw the above Overland in the ads i was scouring before i found mine...

Just bought a sweet red '04 Overland with 150k for $4995 in Hew Hampshire. Clean as a whistle, brand new upper and lower ball joints, battery, and windshield.

People in the Northeast reporting that they are hard to find and expensive aren't just kidding; I drove the 250 miles to snag this one because it was at LEAST 1k cheaper than ANYTHING near me that I could find. And here's the best part: 2 weeks earlier I drove to RI to check out the same year/color Overland with 140k, advertized for $6,500. It was clean, but had a strange "buzz" in the drivetrain at certain speeds. I joined this forum and posted a question about it at the time. Used-car dealer emphatically stated "they all do that, it's 4WD". I figured it had to be the mis-matched tires. After agonizing over it for 10 min, I agreed to pay $6k. he said "DEAL!", then tried to start it, and the starter failed right then and there!!! He wanted a deposit and assured me that the starter would be fixed in the morning, but I walked away......

I am SOOOO glad I did. The one I bought drove like a dream at 70 mph all the way home...
oof_da is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #101
Jaybautz
2004 WJ 

If it don't sound right, walk away.......quickly (they can be money pits!); in part the dealer is a bit right though; my 04 Limited seems to always have some noise somewhere but drives like a dream with 103K; the 03 Overland will be its replacement when I'm done tinkering with it - hope the 04 didn't hear that.......................
Unread 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #102
curbry
2012 WK 

I paid $2000 for a 2004 WJ Laredo with 125k on it in July '13. I have since did the Kolak brake upgrade and swapped every fluid in the vehicle.

2004 WJ 4.0L, 4x4 automatic 42re select trac, 242 tcase, d30 & d35, manual AC - my run around

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with some goodies but nothing major yet...
curbry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #103
craigg10
2004 WJ 

I am new to the jeep community. Just purchased my first jeep. I got an 04 grand cherokee rocky MT edition with 87K for $8200. Many service records, clean carfax 2 owner. Thing is beautiful.
craigg10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #104
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

02 Laredo with 119K. Paid $600 with no rust or blemishes. Tires were ok. Engine knocked. I rebuilt it and love it.
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #105
b00sted4banger

$700 three weeks ago. Needed a rear window regulator, AC recharge, and someone to love it and lift it (which is coming next)
b00sted4banger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.