What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 986 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 11-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #14776
03grndcherokee
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
Is this the Fawkes mounting brackets?
Yes those are the fawkes brackets. i woulda made my own but i dont have the resources or all the tools needed. I do already like the setup tho

Video with pics of my old truck.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33PdCP_-8U[/url]
03grndcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #14777
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlonegawj View Post
I drug my friends (the silver lifted one) wj into a pump at the gas station because he ran out as he pulled in.

Attachment 505190

Attachment 505189
How nice of you! The last time I ran out of gas in my s10 I was at Costco, right at the pumps and not one person offered to help me push it up to the pump.

Back on topic, I'm over at Pismo Beach so of course I'm back in the Oceano Dunes everyday. Here's a couple of videos of some of today's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqDPJbCDmiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Kt_e-872Y
Unread 11-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #14778
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_WJ
This isn't where I broke, but it gives you an idea, we didn't get any pictures when I was trying to get up the rocks
Where did you get that front bumper?
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #14779
dahlonegawj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARdirty

Shoulda told him to use that winch! Bahaha
Wasn't a way to that would let him do it faster than I could, plus it could've drained his battery. I was already with him so thought I should
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #14780
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-steezus

How much

Sent from the best wheeling spot using my WJ
99 American dollars.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #14781
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI_VT
hey anybody know what speakers are good to replace the stock ones?
I blew mine out and want good sound again haha
Check out Infinity Reference or kappa series.

To stay on topic, i am going to do the Viper install today.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #14782
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixahjones View Post

Where did you get that front bumper?
I built it
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #14783
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLuKe View Post
Well I had my wj up for sale but decided that I just can't part with it, plus I got tired of people trying to low ball me and trade me their junk, OH and all the gas mileage questions!!! Why people expect a lifted V8 WJ on 33's w/ 4.56 gears to be a hybrid I will never know LOL.
Congrats. I've put off my new purchase for a bit too. Although, I was gonna keep the WJ.

Been a bad year to try to finish my axle builds. Just dumped a few bucks to keep my current going for the winter, which I was trying to avoid doing. Put on new upper ball joints and hubs this week. New brakes all around. Probably do a new rod end at the pitman arm this week. Tie rods aren't that old. Finally installed my wheel spacers I've had for awhile now. Also pulled my 4" teraflex springs for some 5 1/2" IRO springs. Went by Discount yestaerday after work and ordered some new slippers. Getting 33 x 12.5 x 17 Cooper STT's put on wednesday, hopefully. Tonight, gonna start trimming for my Bushwacker install.
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #14784
LilLuKe
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixahjones

Its such a mystery!!!! Lololol
Well I've yet to see anyone cut off their radiator support, interested in seeing what it looks like.

About to drive mine to church this morning.
LilLuKe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #14785
hydrilla
2003 WJ 

Yesterday I installed a used factory hitch, bezel and wiring, including cutting out my bumper to fit the bezel.

hydrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #14786
Justin_WJ
2000 WJ 

Carnage from yesterday's ride
image-1459734412.jpg  
2000 WJ Limited, 4inch RC X, 242 T-case swap, 33x12.50 STT's, 15x8 D window wheels with 3.75 BS, JKS ADJ. Tracbar, T-case armor, Custom front winch bumper, Smittybilt XRC 8, 4.56's Extended Rola Rack w/Harbor Freight 6" lights, and always muddy :)
Justin_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #14787
ARdirty
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping

Yeah I have wanting to do this for a while. I picked up a brand new XJ 3 core all aluminum rad off craigslist back in APR. Just havent gotten around to do it. I also picked up a couple of pusher fans off a 4.0 Land cruiser I planned on putting on also.

Take lots of good pics. I know you have seen this thread...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-more-1098439/

That write up was pretty old and wasnt much of a write up. Just a few pictures. Im heading out now to finish it up. If you'd like ill give you some better tips and parts that I used to get it done. I sure hope its worth all this trouble.
ARdirty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #14788
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARdirty View Post
That write up was pretty old and wasnt much of a write up. Just a few pictures. Im heading out now to finish it up. If you'd like ill give you some better tips and parts that I used to get it done. I sure hope its worth all this trouble.
Yeah that would be great. Basically the rad hoses and possibly trans lines.

-GCJEEPING's build/mod thread-IT'S A GREEN THING...
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #14789
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ04
In the last month I added a PSC ported steering box, a PSC hd pump and reservoir with custom mount, custom chevy 1 ton over the knuckle steering with Rough Stuff tierod ends and draglink ends, relocated steering stabilizer above the tierod with BDS brackets, customized XJ intake system, cut and relocated passenger side end link mount and added a different quick disconnect, a B&M trans cooler and PS cooler.

Some pics: note that K&N filter is just temporary to be replaced with Amsoil.

Trans cooler on the left, PS cooler on the right:

Formed 10 ga steel around track bar mount to reinforce the thin sheet metal and add stud mount for new swybar link:

View from under:

Here you can see the original steering stabilizer mount was cut off and painted over:

Before over knuckle:

After over knuckle:
Sexyness

Sent by sneakerNet
Unread 11-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #14790
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asatxj
Put my adapters on and put my XJ wheels with 265/75/15s on. Had to trim the front bumper a tad. Pics will come.
Pics

Sent by sneakerNet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.