What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 956 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #14326
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Built me a little roof rack for my LED light bars.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #14327
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
Built me a little roof rack for my LED light bars.
Holy light output Batman! Did you decide to just use that massive LED bar instead of the a-pillar lights?

BOT: I drove her today! Decided I couldn't wait any more. Machining a new switch panel tonight. Pictures and details to follow...
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #14328
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsWJ View Post
Holy light output Batman! Did you decide to just use that massive LED bar instead of the a-pillar lights?

BOT: I drove her today! Decided I couldn't wait any more. Machining a new switch panel tonight. Pictures and details to follow...
Gunna take light output pics tonight. Yeah not sold on pillar lights yet. The brackets I made are sitting in the garage.

low beams- yeah they are dim because there is a thin film of dirt on them.

high beams

1 LED bar.

2 led bars

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #14329
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Watched it sit in my garage. Starter won't be in til tomorrow from Springfield. Would have had it today if I would have went to oreillys 8 minutes earlier. :

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #14330
moPowered

Damn those led bars are bright! Great pics to display the differences in light output. A+
moPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #14331
teckman02
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
2 led bars

i bet the guy down the street is thinking i think that the mother ship has landed
teckman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #14332
teckman02
2002 WJ 

wired up my backup lights on the grand and filled it up for 3.09 a gal.
teckman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #14333
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Finally got around to making a new switch panel. Ultimately, the three switches across the top will turn the subwoofer amplifier, the radar detector, and the aux lights on and off. The three switches on the bottom will be tied into a multimeter. When I switch those on, I want to be able to see how much each of the is drawing; current and voltage.

It still needs to be sandblasted. Maybe painted or finished in the future.

This is one that I made last winter out of a piece of scrap wood:

Out with the old:

The old one was just "press-fitted." There was nothing physically holding it still except friction

Had to make some more room in the back, as I plan on running way more wires to the new panel:

Facing off the edges on the milling machine:

The "finished" product. It still needs to be sandblasted and deburred at this point. Note the little tabs on the top and bottom:

I marked where to cut recesses for the tabs:

Final test fit. Verdict? Well... It fits!

And a ****ty night time pic put back in the dash:

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #14334
justn
2002 WJ 

Ordered a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996 for the WJ. Would have went with a Pioneer again, but the P9400BH is too deep for the WJ. It should be here by 31st, I can't wait to get it installed and see how nice it is.
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #14335
KDF401
1999 WJ 

Well, on my way to class this morning, about 40 miles, I go into dunkin donuts an once I pull out of drive through, my jeep starts to putter, and idling really low. Give it some gas and nothing happens so I coast into Parkin space and then it dies.. Starts up .. Putters around 500rpm and then eventually dies. When I give it gas nothing happens.. My school is like 1 block from here and I have 2 exams today.. Instead I'm sitting waiting for tow truck eatin my dunkin!

Anyone know what could be issue? It's te i6 .. It has gas ( half a tank) .. And it starts up every time.. Someone said possibly the coil pack?

Oh ya.. What I did to my wj today. So far I called her a mean name..but I gave her a cleaning of trash while I was waiting.
KDF401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #14336
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDF401 View Post
Well, on my way to class this morning, about 40 miles, I go into dunkin donuts an once I pull out of drive through, my jeep starts to putter, and idling really low. Give it some gas and nothing happens so I coast into Parkin space and then it dies.. Starts up .. Putters around 500rpm and then eventually dies. When I give it gas nothing happens.. My school is like 1 block from here and I have 2 exams today.. Instead I'm sitting waiting for tow truck eatin my dunkin!

Anyone know what could be issue? It's te i6 .. It has gas ( half a tank) .. And it starts up every time.. Someone said possibly the coil pack?

Oh ya.. What I did to my wj today. So far I called her a mean name..but I gave her a cleaning of trash while I was waiting.

Click key, "ON" (not crank), then "OFF", then back "ON" three times as quickly as you can stopping in the "ON" position on third time... CEL codes should scroll across odometer screen..... this will narrow things down.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #14337
KDF401
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

Click key, "ON" (not crank), then "OFF", then back "ON" three times as quickly as you can stopping in the "ON" position on third time... CEL codes should scroll across odometer screen..... this will narrow things down.
Just did, it said DonE
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #14338
KDF401
1999 WJ 

Also that's really cool, never knew you could do that
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #14339
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I would have walked to school if I were that close. When it comes time to fix it, you are not far from coffee and donuts. Lol

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #14340
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
I would have walked to school if I were that close. When it comes time to fix it, you are not far from coffee and donuts. Lol
Me too, but DD would probably call a tow truck for you.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.