What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #1411
MStaffin
1997 ZJ 

Nice dead blow what weight is that 16oz?

MStaffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #1412
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I replaced my tie rod end on the pitman arm (very easy 45 minute job) with a Moog replacement that is extremely awesome and beefy with grease fittings too.

Then I decided to tackle the installation of my factory tow hitch...what a terrible idea. It took us literally 4-5 hours to install it. I have an after market bumper (that actually had the cut out) however I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the stupid thing. So we left the bumper on and yanked and pulled at it to fit the thing up there. Ended up having to take it down 3 or 4 times; turns out I have a gas tank skid guard on the side of the skid (drivers side) that needed to come down and have a piece grinded off that would not all the tow hitch to install. The other reasons I can't recall...to tired.

No pictures because I'm never to sure how long it will take and not willing to spend more time.

Oh yeah...I also removed my BF Goodrich KM2's because I was freaking tired of getting stuck everywhere (even in 4wd). So I'm back on my BF Goodrich A/T's that are BEASTS in the snow whether it's packed, loose, deep or shallow. The KM2's will go back on in the spring when the ground softens up and there is actually MUD to hit instead of frozen mud.
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #1413
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

To add I now see why everyone buys STEEL bumpers! What the "F" is the deal with all the plastic! Plastic and rusted parts/bolts are two very, very large reasons why I hate my Jeep and I hate Dodge/Chrysler/Daimler. I can almost guarantee I'll be buying a decent AMC next time. However, the ZJ coil lift on the TJ's is very appealing for a cheap 3" coil lift.
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #1414
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I did a little preventative maintenance, even though these brake pads still had 5 foot or so of life left in them, I replaced them. Warning tabs were worthless as they were 1/2 inch away from touching anything.

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #1415
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ha-ha! The last time I changed my brake pads and rotors they fell apart when I took them out of the caliper...I'd say I was a little overdue.
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #1416
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleshEater View Post
Ha-ha! The last time I changed my brake pads and rotors they fell apart when I took them out of the caliper...I'd say I was a little overdue.
I could give a crap about the pads, I'm just glad that my drilled rotors didn't get too messed up.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #1417
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGrandCheroke View Post
Nice dead blow what weight is that 16oz?
I think that's right...its just a cheapie from HF.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #1418
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfjeeper View Post
New tires and wheels and IRO lift came in,now finding time to put on !!!!
Thats awesome. DId you order the coil retainers too? If your put in the upper retainers now, you wont have to pull your coils out to do it later.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #1419
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntandfish View Post
Thats awesome. DId you order the coil retainers too? If your put in the upper retainers now, you wont have to pull your coils out to do it later.
According to my parts list it comes with the upper retainers in the lift,i got the critical path LA front lift and it looks like it's a very complete kit
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #1420
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfjeeper View Post
According to my parts list it comes with the upper retainers in the lift,i got the critical path LA front lift and it looks like it's a very complete kit
sweet. its gonna looke sick.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #1421
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Played in the snow camping this weekend:
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #1422
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

/\ looks like you need new tires? they weren't flinging much?
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #1423
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Wow Arlo thanks for proving my point that the KM2's are garbage in the snow! They're great for mud and rocks but not for snow. A set of A/T's would have plowed through that.
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #1424
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Tires probably have 90% tread...are in great shape. Was going uphill (hard to see in video) and far side was going through ~2' deep snow, close side was only going through ~6" deep. Also was breaking through 4-6" thick of solid crust. Do well in deep snow, not in packed snow though.
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #1425
cedxc2005
2004 WJ 

Tried to take advantage of the nice weather to grease my swaybar bushings. However, a lifetime in the salty northeast and SW VA mountains means everything is rusted solid. So, I did the next best thing - I busted out the Kroil.

Hopefully on the next nice day I can actually loosen the bushing mount bolts.

(For the record, no, I do not have an impact wrench, nor can I afford one now)

Also cleaned the wiper blades with some rubbing alcohol to get the salt gunk off. Worked pretty well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.