What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #121
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Put a new battery in Mom's WJ this morning.

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #122
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Fixed my rear tail light problems, got some new sockets from the dealer, all 6 new bulbs, but now my left blinker seldomly works. Its random, it will work sometimes, or it wont work at all. Any suggestions?
That was happening to my wj and turned out to be a faulty blinker module, apparently a common problem. I was too cheap to buy a new one so I just popped it open and all it needed was for the joints to be re-soldered where the contact pins go to the circuit board. Was easy and took me 20 minutes total. Blinkers work great now

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #123
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Fixed my rear tail light problems, got some new sockets from the dealer, all 6 new bulbs, but now my left blinker seldomly works. Its random, it will work sometimes, or it wont work at all. Any suggestions?
How much did that set you back? I just installed two new tail lights that I bought off eBay for $79.00 a pair. I now have all my lights working except for the missing 9055 bulb for the fog light and it is suppose to be in on Tuesday.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #124
99JGCWJ
1999 WJ 

Not today but over the weekend, new CPS, new shocks, hose for the LDP, 2 new front axles and took a heat gun & fixed the back bumper cover.
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #125
dorksrock
2000 WJ 

Found a hole in my transfer case.

dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #126
GhostKnife

I havent done anything today but i have $550 to playwith and i dont know what i should get, mods are in sig. HELP me spend my money lol
Unread 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #127
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostKnife View Post
I havent done anything today but i have $550 to playwith and i dont know what i should get, mods are in sig. HELP me spend my money lol
should post if you off road or notbut can look at

-Bigger TB
-skids
-dana 30 diff cover Dana 30 Cover - Differential Covers - Spyntec Industries LLC.
-sliders
- recovery gear
-cabin air filter
-fuel, jeeps like to drink
-any service
-can lift to 5" with 2.5" springs and you spacers but with all the extra will go past the amount above i think
- light bar
-off road lights
- projection headlights w/HID
- LED tail lights 1999-2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE L.E.D. TAILLIGHTS LED RED: eBay Motors (item 160463793620 end time Sep-01-10 14:18:28 PDT)
- gas
- tools
- RB1 head unit used off ebay
- a sub and amp for more bass
people can post forever lol
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #128
GhostKnife

well i do like to hit the trails, im not much of a mudder but then again not many people on here are, i do have a sub and amp and headunit. i was thinking more along the lines of suspension and off road equipment. I have all the tools i need also. sorry i should have been more specific lol.

EDIT never saw those taillights before. they look good, id like to see them on though, anyone have these??
Unread 08-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #129
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostKnife View Post
well i do like to hit the trails, im not much of a mudder but then again not many people on here are, i do have a sub and amp and headunit. i was thinking more along the lines of suspension and off road equipment. I have all the tools i need also. sorry i should have been more specific lol.

EDIT never saw those taillights before. they look good, id like to see them on though, anyone have these??
the tail lights are new people were talking about them on jeep garge and someone bough them so waiting to see what they look like on a jeep. but look better then the Aztec ones

Last edited by straty1987; 08-23-2010 at 10:42 PM..
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #130
Loveland-WJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wj Weekends are for fun.....Wait what is this?

Did this over the weekend......All new brakes and upgraded to the Akebono front calipers.
Then i notice my rear axel seal leaking. Now ordering parts for that

Also painted my KORs rails flat black. Only one more coat than I can hang them:

Brakes: $480.00ish
Rails: $400.00ish
Real axle seal kit (x2) $???
Total: $880.00ish
Driving this Jeep... Priceless (if money grows on trees)!
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #131
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

got it all waxed, it's looking good.... i had some pics taken sunday, heres how they turned out.....

ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #132
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
got it all waxed, it's looking good.... i had some pics taken sunday, heres how they turned out.....

2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #133
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hauled a mattress and boxspring on top of it... In the rain. Doing a favor for my brother who doesn't have a car. Guess it was worth it. I didn't get to drive on the streets because of
License complications but I did get to back it up the lawn and over the curb and it really drives so much differently than my xj. The 247 is so weird I'm not used to having a little slip before my 4wd kicks in. The xj is part-time locked. I really want that 242 in the junkyard now. It's from an 01, looks very clean, no rust, about 70k miles on it, and comes with the dash bezel. Guy wants $250 for it. I would get it but I won't be able to work on the wj till November so it'll be laying in my garage and any guarantee/warranty the guy puts on it will be expired by then so I have no real way of testing it.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #134
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

The 247 isn't bad, but it's definitely a different feeling. It catches pretty fast though. And it does lock in 4lo.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #135
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yeah, and yesterday I was at the junkyard looking for a ps pump for my zj and I found in a Nissan xterra a JL audio 4awg amp wiring kit with rcas. The guy there likes me, I got it for $5 and the zj ps steering pump for $10

The wiring kit is going into the wj but I need to decide where to put the amp. I wanna see if it'll fit in the side flip up compartment in the back where factory cd changer usually goes. Oh yeah the jl kit came with a line-level adaptor so I can still use the factory headunit for now (saweeet) because I want to keep the steering wheel buttons and I need to save up some more before I go all out with the PAC converter and such

Also I forget if I mentioned this before but I helped my friend do the kicker upgrade and dynat his wk so as a gift he's giving me the factory Boston acoustics door speakers. I feel like I already said that but w/e it's all good. Boston acoustics going to sound amazing

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.