What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 891 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #13351
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ
Got some goodies delivered today! Bama_wj 's old rear bumper got delivered today when my friend got into town from Alabama.

Then the man in the big brown van delivered my Rigid Dually's

Tonight ill be ordering a hitch receiver to weld into the bumper since i tow a trailer every so often. Ill also be ordering a new latch for the tire carrier since im not a fan of the one KMA used. After that ill be ordering some monstaliner to finish up the fender trim job with.

Once all that comes in the wj will be getting parked so that i can raise the gas tank before the bumper install. Along with finishing the fender cut, monstalinning, installing JCR stage 3 sliders, finishing wiring of the led lights, and installing the rocker switches for all the goodies. Also if time/money allows ill be installing the 231HD with sye and terraflex 2lo, but i need the rebuild kits first.
How much he sell you thay bumper?

(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #13352
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixahjones View Post
How much he sell you thay bumper?
i traded him a wj hydro steer setup for it.
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #13353
asatxj
2001 WJ 

Removed intake/exhaust and removed the pan from my son's new WJ. Piston #3 was broken, 3 pcs. of skirt in the pan. What I could see of the cylinder looked okay.Time to order parts and pull the head. The 1/2" 12pt 13mm deep socket is $19 for an SK! Glad I didn't have to buy a Snap-on.
I was amazed that the pan came right off never had that happen before
ASAT= All Season All Terrain
asatxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #13354
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
Got some goodies delivered today! Bama_wj 's old rear bumper got delivered today when my friend got into town from Alabama.

Tonight ill be ordering a hitch receiver to weld into the bumper since i tow a trailer every so often. Ill also be ordering a new latch for the tire carrier since im not a fan of the one KMA used, and also a jerry can carrier for it as well. After that ill be ordering some monstaliner to finish up the fender trim job with.

Once all that comes in the wj will be getting parked so that i can raise the gas tank before the bumper install. Along with finishing the fender cut, monstalinning, installing JCR stage 3 sliders, finishing wiring of the led lights, and installing the rocker switches for all the goodies. Also if time/money allows ill be installing the 231HD with sye and terraflex 2lo, but i need the rebuild kits first.
damn, thats gonna look nice on your WJ especially with your front bumper as a match up
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #13355
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

thanks!
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #13356
BigDaveWJ
2000 WJ 

The first new one failed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
Two in one week?
I has in heavy traffic in North Philadelphia too. Not the best place to have to wait for your car to cool down.
BigDaveWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #13357
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ

Tonight ill be ordering a hitch receiver to weld into the bumper since i tow a trailer every so often. Ill also be ordering a new latch for the tire carrier since im not a fan of the one KMA used, and also a jerry can carrier for it as well. After that ill be ordering some monstaliner to finish up the fender trim job with.

Im getting a new bumper made for mine. Does the gas tank need to be raised just yet or can it wait?
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #13358
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

ordered some ebc greenstuff pads for the rear and a jet 180* tstat. rear brakes were making some noise the other night in the woods. time to change pads methinks

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #13359
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Im getting a new bumper made for mine. Does the gas tank need to be raised just yet or can it wait?
that's entirely up to you. i raised my tank a long time ago for clearnace issues, and i no longer have any. now, when i build a bumper, the tank's already tucked up higher than the hitch frame, so it's protected.

you can install and after market bumper with our without your tank raised. i actually think most bumpers are made to fit standard tank placement bc there's not a lot of guys that have actually lifted the tank.

but my $.02 is that it's a great mod.

Unread 09-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #13360
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
it can wait. I just figure if i have to take all the bolts that hold the tank up out, might as well drop the tank and do the tuck. Plus the new bumper doesnt cover the tank as much as the stock on so its going to stick out like a sore thumb.
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #13361
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

you can hang your gastank from the luggage hooks in the trunk and just drop and chop the skid. that's what i did

Unread 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #13362
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
you can hang your gastank from the luggage hooks in the trunk and just drop and chop the skid. that's what i did
cool, thanks for the tip! Ive got a tank and skid out already from one of my part outs. I may use it to mock up an actual hd skid for the tank. Maybe 3/16 thick steel or something to that effect. Might as well right? lol
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #13363
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

no reason not to if you've got the stuff to play. i've dropped on some heavy stuff though, and haven't done more than scratch my factory tank skid. and i usually try to glance off the side anyway so the hitch takes the brunt

Unread 09-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #13364
bushido7seven
1999 WJ 

I got half of my Kolak exhaust. Waiting for the rest. Can't wait!
bushido7seven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #13365
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Glad you asked. I parked it at storage and have left it sitting for two days wondering what it had done to deserve such complete and utter disregard.
Sorry, WJ, times are tough for all things 4-wheeled and gas guzzling when there's a motorcycle nearby to enjoy all this grand weather with.
The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.