Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#1,762 ·
1. Gave her a bath for all the salt and mud that was frozen on her
2. replaced Hood supports. Its an amazing feeling when that hood goes up by itself and stays for the first time.
3. Fixed cruise control/vent issue. The Hose had simply discoed at the intake side.
4. Seafoamed the brake booster vacuum line, crank, gas tank and took a video for all my buddies on JF. Enjoy.

Attachments

#1,764 ·
Huntandfish I have to do the struts too thanks for reminding me. You need to give it some more gas in that seafoam vid :D

I did my long drive yesterday the wj treated me well. My rear tire needed the air badly (it's only 6mo old WTF) and my power steering fluid was low and was groaning so some fluid fixed that

#1,765 ·
Started replacing my upper control arm bushings, Ugh this sucks, the good thing they were shot. still trying to get the one one the axle pressed in, needed a break.:cheers2:

#1,766 ·
Just got done with a oil change and filter!

#1,768 ·
been really busy lately with my newest project, a car-pc! i took a quick pic of the completed screen bezel with the LCD installed and one of the bezel itself once it was completed. As you can see a 10.4 inch touchscreen was the absolute maximum size that i could fit in there and even that was a PITA. that by the way is the stock radio bezel and the ac control bezel molded together. i relocated the mutilated ac controls to the center console, wiring extended by 34". Sound will be achieved through a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 and then out to my amps and doors/ subs. Once i finish the install i am going to finally do a build thread due to the fact that if i don't I'm gonna forget all the crap that Ive done to it.

Attachments

#1,770 ·
Put the 1.5" spacers on my wj... tires were rubbing on the lower front arms... now they clip the bumper a little.. have not had to trim untill now... cutting tommorow yay
heres some pics

before & after.. sorry if the pics are huge

Attachments

#1,771 ·
ordered OBA (MV50) and a Hi-Lift Lift Mate...

....not sure if I'm done shopping LOL

#1,772 ·
it was pouring rain today so I figured I'd save some water and just went out with my sponge and soap and you get the point. Just kinda wanted to get any rochester salt off. Then I brought my little brothers to the movies and came out and there was a blizzard and all the rain froze over. I felt so responsible and my Jeep didnt let me down while I saw many other AWD suvs and cars sliding out and such. Only broke tires loose once and that was for a very small 4wd slide in the empty parking lot because my little brothers begged me to lol. It resisted the drift though, I've found WJ does a good job of keeping me from being irresponsible lol my XJ was drift king in the snow because it was so light.

#1,773 ·
been really busy lately with my newest project, a car-pc! i took a quick pic of the completed screen bezel with the LCD installed and one of the bezel itself once it was completed. As you can see a 10.4 inch touchscreen was the absolute maximum size that i could fit in there and even that was a PITA. that by the way is the stock radio bezel and the ac control bezel molded together. i relocated the mutilated ac controls to the center console, wiring extended by 34". Sound will be achieved through a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 and then out to my amps and doors/ subs. Once i finish the install i am going to finally do a build thread due to the fact that if i don't I'm gonna forget all the crap that Ive done to it.
Thats a sweet install.. I just up graded all my door speakers with mb quart 6.5" components and crosovers... got a boston g5 12" sub it sounds good.. need a little mor mid bass now.. I will up grade the factory nav eventually.. I like what you have done its awsome!!!!

:washme:

#1,774 ·
Thats a sweet install.. I just up graded all my door speakers with mb quart 6.5" components and crosovers... got a boston g5 12" sub it sounds good.. need a little mor mid bass now.. I will up grade the factory nav eventually.. I like what you have done its awsome!!!!

When you upgrade that factory nav if you need somebody to take it off your hands...... :D

#1,775 ·
pulled some drunk *** lady out of a snow berm, she then proceeded to back in to me at about 10 - 15 mph. now my WJ is doing some crazy ****. passenger low beam went out, and none of my windows will roll down. its 19 degrees out tonight so im gonna screw with it in the morning.

#1,776 ·
That looks like a good project...

#1,778 ·
When putting on my spacers I noticed my shocks are going out (leaking) because they are stock shock and I did the 3" lift.. I knew they wer gonna go. Sooooo.... I am thinking about the mx6's (adjustable) or the bilstien 5150's.. remote res shocks would look cool like the Explorer Pro Comp MX6021 MX6.. they dont look like they cost to much... should I put res in front and regular in the back or vise versa? Also should I do the front shock mount conversonn.. will this give me more oprions....and last what travel am I looking for extended and compressed when buying?
I know this has been covered prob a thousand times.. but it looks like I need to order today :)

Aslo I tow a ski boat some times so thats why I am leaning twords somthing adjustable

#1,779 ·
ordered a super 44 for my wj today.:D