What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 89 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 01-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #1321
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

Im starting to pay more attention to the dub than the ZJ....but truth is the stuff i need to do ol' black its too cold for...so direct bolt on it is

put in projectors last night...and just got some pics of the intake i did a few weeks ago finally

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #1322
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

First real test of my set up. It did awesome. I wish i had a 242 so i could throw a lunch box up front.

A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #1323
leadsled jeep
2002 WJ 

Small stuff on my end... Door window motor/regulator replacement. Now to find the replacement plastic tab I broke that holds the door open rod in place.....

New tires soon I think as well, maybe General Grabbers. The stockish street tires were barely passable in the OH/KY snow storm on Thursday night. I need some real tires on this bad boy....
'02 Overland 130k+ miles. 245-70-17 GG AT2's. BDS 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's, JKS QDs. Addco Swaybars F/R. Stillen Front Rotors/ Pads. TRE's, BJ's, wheel bearings. 100% Amsoil. I like my rifles like my coffee, hot, black and continually refilled.
leadsled jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #1324
mbheal
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
3.5"? I have them too, I thought they were ony supposed to be 3"...
It is advertised as a 3.5. I bought the heavy duty because I'll be adding steel bumpers soon I hope. I netted a full 4" now that the springs have settled in.

Thanks

What did you do for bump stop extensions?
mbheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #1325
MWyatt
1999 WJ 

Put on my IRO 3" lift. Its awesome! Now to put some 32x11.5 KM2s on it soon.
MWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #1326
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWyatt View Post
Put on my IRO 3" lift. Its awesome! Now to put some 32x11.5 KM2s on it soon.
pics!?
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #1327
MWyatt
1999 WJ 

I tried to have my girlfriend take pictures of the process put she ended up helping instead! Ill snap a picture of it tomorrow as well as post a before picture.
MWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #1328
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbheal View Post
It is advertised as a 3.5. I bought the heavy duty because I'll be adding steel bumpers soon I hope. I netted a full 4" now that the springs have settled in.

Thanks

What did you do for bump stop extensions?

Bump stops....we dont' need no stinking bump stops! sike, I plan to do the IRO customs, but haven't been off road yet, and wont be for a couple more months. I have to figure out all the knocks and bumps and clanks first...many new bushings on the horizon...maybe some new ADJ U&LCA's

Mine setteled really high in the front ( I also replaced the lower coil isolaters though because rust and crud made it so that the new coils couldn't fit over the original ones...) much higher actually...seems like your "looking up" when you are driving. I am going to replace the rear islators (lower ones) like I did on the fronts, and add a spacer. I wish there was a poly spacer that was around 1"-1.25"...I was going to just put on a 3/4" spacer that I got from that dude on ebay, but I have been thinking of puttong a 3/4 up front, and a shaved 2" bb on the rear...it's that much of a difference.
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #1329
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

She is getting debadged. Paint fade isn't to bad. I will post up pics when it is done.

EDIT: Debadge complete. Didn't want to do the hood emblem yet as the stupid dealership "touch-up" guy sprayed that ****ty clearcoat over the leading edge paint touch ups. The whole front clip will be re-sprayed when I get a front winch bumper, painted to match.

Enjoy!
dsc04449.jpg   dsc04450.jpg   dsc04451.jpg   dsc04452.jpg  

Last edited by BigFire; 01-24-2011 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Added pictures!
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #1330
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

just gave mines a fresh oil change
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #1331
JohnnyS
2011 JK Wrangler 

Did a few things this last week to the WJ. Tonight I greased up the upper and lower tie rods with Mobil 1 synth lube. Put in 2 new fog lamp bulbs. Yesterday I cleaned the interior and exterior..err, was 4F out so it was a task. 2 days ago I put on a new set of Revo 2's 245-65-17 which I'm really liking. Got a new transmission rebuild with shift kit done last week. Then put in new front drive shaft, rotors and pads all the way around. Few days pror to that picked up some Ronin 2 wheels which was a good craigslist find. Did a Amsoil oil change, cleaned my K&N FIPk which was dirty as heck, emptied my ashtray as smokes were starting to fall out, and dog got rear windows all goobered up after I cleaned the interior windows. Also put new wiper blades on, pulled the arms off so I could replace the darn wiper fluid check valve cause duct tape wasnt holding and got sick of salt on windows on my way to work with no way to clean them. Been a good WJ week.
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #1332
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Gave it a bath in 23 degree weather...turned into an ice cube afterwards...better than wax!
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #1333
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
Today I bought a black 2010 HD Street Glide for the WJ, and it doesn't believe me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88yjproject View Post
Pics or it never happened!
HA! Good call. We are waiting for the checks to clear and the owner gets overnighted the title; hopefully by Wedn. Rainy weather with temps in the 20's expected so he's going to drop it off at my house via an enclosed trailer. Pics soon!

Nothing done to the WJ. What I need is to replace the leaking windshield washer motors. Both leak so I'm always out of fluid in the middle of winter. phffft.
Offering technical and touring support for FLH models only

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #1334
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyS View Post
Did a few things this last week to the WJ. Tonight I greased up the upper and lower tie rods with Mobil 1 synth lube. Put in 2 new fog lamp bulbs. Yesterday I cleaned the interior and exterior..err, was 4F out so it was a task. 2 days ago I put on a new set of Revo 2's 245-65-17 which I'm really liking. Got a new transmission rebuild with shift kit done last week. Then put in new front drive shaft, rotors and pads all the way around. Few days pror to that picked up some Ronin 2 wheels which was a good craigslist find. Did a Amsoil oil change, cleaned my K&N FIPk which was dirty as heck, emptied my ashtray as smokes were starting to fall out, and dog got rear windows all goobered up after I cleaned the interior windows. Also put new wiper blades on, pulled the arms off so I could replace the darn wiper fluid check valve cause duct tape wasnt holding and got sick of salt on windows on my way to work with no way to clean them. Been a good WJ week.
Hey JohnnyS, got any pics of the new shoes you can share?
Offering technical and touring support for FLH models only

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #1335
WJwheelin
1999 WJ 

Got my IRO Adjustable A-Arm on and replaced the rear output shaft seal and finally got around to fixing my exhaust leak (Two broken rear studs on driver side head)

Sorry its so dirty under there lol, We did some trails the day before

WJwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.