Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#17,683 ·
My Jeep is only 2wd. I'm in the process of converting it to 4x4 but for right now it's still RWD only. No slip yoke on 2wd models drive shaft, that's WJ I believe it's the driveshaft popping out on the output gear from the tranny
Well now there's the problem. your jeep is telling you to hurry up on that conversion. Lol. Sorry couldn't help it.
Can you get it to duplicate the sound? Maybe have a friend stand outside and help locate where its coming from.

#17,684 ·
Well started to do my double din transformation and plugged the head unit up but had to sound. Tried to figured out the problem then I remembered the damn infinity amp. Now I have read some of those threads and don't quite understand how I go about bypassing it or using it to get sound back.

#17,685 ·
Looked at it in the parking lot at work and wondered if I should paint part of the grill black. I also keep thinking about "poser" flexing it on our warehouse ramp. Hah!

#17,688 ·
half way home.....all ready to pull out when the wife gets home in the morning. Then just gotta replace the heater core and put it all back together

Attachments

#17,689 ·
Well started to do my double din transformation and plugged the head unit up but had to sound. Tried to figured out the problem then I remembered the damn infinity amp. Now I have read some of those threads and don't quite understand how I go about bypassing it or using it to get sound back.
You may want to try splicing the amp trigger wire to the ignition power wire. I had the same problem and my amp was not turning on. I used the PAC-ROEM converter.

#17,691 ·
On the way home, it popped a code... P0159... But I'm fairly certain I just replaced that sensor. Bah..cleared it, and we'll see. Then decided to wash it even though it was like 45 degrees, getting dark, and sprinkling a bit.

#17,692 ·
GrandPuba said:
On the way home, it popped a code... P0159... But I'm fairly certain I just replaced that sensor. Bah..cleared it, and we'll see. Then decided to wash it even though it was like 45 degrees, getting dark, and sprinkling a bit.
Wj woes gotta love them! I tried washing the Wj early one morning on the way to the ski resort and I iced it all over! Felt like iceman shooting the jeep with soapy water that instantly froze! priceless Hahaha should of grabbed a pic. Get her checked out, we love this jeep but we have our fair share of things to replace/fix as well

#17,693 ·
Wj woes gotta love them! I tried washing the Wj early one morning on the way to the ski resort and I iced it all over! Felt like iceman shooting the jeep with soapy water that instantly froze! priceless Hahaha should of grabbed a pic. Get her checked out, we love this jeep but we have our fair share of things to replace/fix as well
The more I read, the more I see it! I kinda don't mind it though. I'm having fun...for now. Thankfully they're somewhat primitive compared to most junk these days.

#17,695 ·
Welp about to get my 6.5 IRO lift. I've been holding back until I could find extra change to get tires. While working on an old 71 ford today, my friend offered me a set of 35" BFG MT's for free cause he couldn't use them on any of his trucks. They have almost all the tread left on them too.

#17,696 ·
Had to put the mtrs back on. I put a lift on my buddies WK, and when we mounted his new treadwrights one of them had a hole in the sidewall. Of course it happened on the very last tire to be mounted, so instead of putting his original tires back on (which would require 3 more dis-mount/mounts) I just let him use my street tire hankook at's.

After getting the lift on, we had to do a little grinding to get my wheels to fit around his calipers, nothing major though.

Pics...

Before

After

Today must have be Grand Cherokee day at my shop. We also got a customers wj in for repairs. Its running a 4" Rough Country lift.

#17,697 ·
TJSWJ said:
Had to put the mtrs back on. I put a lift on my buddies WK, and when we mounted his new treadwrights one of them had a hole in the sidewall. Of course it happened on the very last tire to be mounted, so instead of putting his original tires back on (which would require 3 more dis-mount/mounts) I just let him use my street tire hankook at's.

After getting the lift on, we had to do a little grinding to get my wheels to fit around his calipers, nothing major though.

Pics...

Before

After

Today must have be Grand Cherokee day at my shop. We also got a customers wj in for repairs. Its running a 4" Rough Country lift.
Dang that wk looks real good. Compliment his jeep for me haha

#17,698 ·
Since the WJ has been in the shop for a blown head gasket I've been worried about the condition of the heads.

Shop called me yesterday, said they were picking them up today and the machine shop had told them the heads didn't have any cracks and were in good shape. I'm worried about the valve seats, but we'll see.

If the heads are good, what are the chances the valve seats aren't? It only overheated once...

#17,700 ·
VestaviaPirate said:
Since the WJ has been in the shop for a blown head gasket I've been worried about the condition of the heads.

Shop called me yesterday, said they were picking them up today and the machine shop had told them the heads didn't have any cracks and were in good shape. I'm worried about the valve seats, but we'll see.

If the heads are good, what are the chances the valve seats aren't? It only overheated once...
The machine shop checks all that stuff. No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum