What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 84 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 01-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #1246
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Installed the OME HD coils today as well as the Skyjacker shocks. The coils gave me roughly 3" of lift (whoo hoo!) and the Skyjacker shocks ride a lot better than I thought they would.

Next on the list is the rear tow hitch, getting the 31 KM2's on the Soft 8's and checking the alignment...got a friend that works as a Ford mechanic (so we got the dealer garage on weekends)

Unread 01-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #1247
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
I have been working on Jeeps for years. I have changed CPS in TJ's and XJ's, but right now, I feel like a complete idiot. I have been messing with that %^^^%* CPS (in my WJ) for three hours and I am not closer to having it out than I was three hours ago. I'm using a long 1/4 extention, a 12mm regular socket, and the swivel.. my speedometer cable as it exits the body is right in the way of getting a good grip on the CPS bolt. I even went as far as removing my front driveshaft to make a little extra space. I have laid on my back so long with my arms in the air, they are sore... I'm going to call it quits for the night, then tomorrow, if my luck isn't any better, I'll remove the transmission / tC skid bolts and lower the transmission, tilting the engine in the process to see if that will provide the much needed space.
You should have saved yourself the time and just lowered the crossmember. that is the easiest way to do it. Good luck!
Unread 01-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #1248
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

Currently painting my Country Crock center caps thanks Jeepforum.com!
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #1249
U2Fans
1999 WJ 

I fixed the broken brake cable and replaced the rear hatch struts... I debated whether I should take pics but decided against it because it would take more time. I HAVE AN E-BRAKE AGAIN!!! WOO HOO!!!

[B][CENTER][COLOR="SlateGray"]Who's got some sliders they want to sell me??? [/COLOR][/CENTER][/B]
U2Fans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #1250
BigFire
1979 CJ7 

Replaced the front passenger window regulator, and the tailgate lock actuator. I can roll down my window and get into the back again! Next up, swapping back in the stock shock bushing sleeves to get rid of the infamous bump/thump/rattle noise in the *** end.
Unread 01-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #1251
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

washed it and ran some B12 through the throttle body. notable difference in intake"woosh" during the process. just trying to keep her in tip top shape for our trip to langanalheim this weekend. stoked.

http://www.offroadpark-langenaltheim...gories/cid,14/
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #1252
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrew View Post
Hey little jeep post up how you finally get that CPS changed. I looked long and hard at it today and figured i didn't have enough tools at work. I can reach mine from the top, to actually remove the sensor(i think, i can touch it). the bolt from underneath with about a 30" extention. i read some where to tie a long string to the connector as to be able to fish the new one back.
as for the tornado, that one looked like a home made jobber. or is that what they really sold for the low price of 19.99.
After i took it out my jeep didn't want to start or run. it took a few tries and it still is a little hesitant on start. I am hoping its a big breath of air that it's not used to and will take a few starts for the computer to recalibrate.
I'm getting a whopping 11.0 mpg! ill post if it gets better.
Roadcrew..... I went out this morning and lowered the transmission about 3 inches. This gave me the much needed space to reach that CPS bolt with a long extention. In the process, I discovered bolt head is 11mm not 12mm as I had read in other threads. I used a long screw driver to remove the sensor from the bellhousing, then with help of one of those flexible grippers, I tied a single solid wire that I dropped from engine compartment around the sensor. I had to raise the transmission back up to give me room to fish the sensor across the rear of the engine (between engine and firewall. The connector is right at the bottom of the oil dip stick, like everything on a WJ, it's not a great location, but I was able to deal with it. I have a little work to do, then I'll go back out and start the process of putting this Jeep back together. Your idea of using a string is much needed except I think my using a solid wire was an improvement.

**EDIT** Roadcrew, I got my Jeep mostly back together, just a few odds & ends to button up. I have already had engine running which is a good sign. Getting the new sensor into the hole in bellhousing was not as easy as you would think, but that wire sure helped the process big time. The other thing that I did and it worked great was when I went to put the Crankshaft sensor bolt in, I put a little duct tape over the head of the bolt, then forced it into a socket, using the long extention, bolt went in like greased lightning.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #1253
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Trying to track down my rough idle when warm and horrible gas mileage. Found 1 bad injector and 2 other ones not spraying good. Replaced the one bad one and cleaned the other ones. Runs a lot better, but I still need to replace those other ones. Gained 1 MPG with a good injector so far. Was getting 10.5 now up to 11.5 and climbing.
Unread 01-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #1254
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88yjproject View Post
Trying to track down my rough idle when warm and horrible gas mileage. Found 1 bad injector and 2 other ones not spraying good. Replaced the one bad one and cleaned the other ones. Runs a lot better, but I still need to replace those other ones. Gained 1 MPG with a good injector so far. Was getting 10.5 now up to 11.5 and climbing.
thats where i'm at now. probably help when i fix the manifold gasket leak. i just cleaned out the throttle body but too soon to tell a difference.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #1255
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

looked at how pretty she was. but the real hunt for a 242 begins now!

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #1256
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

drove up to the tippy top of Mauna Kea right after finish painting my cladding/bumpers. thread to follow
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #1257
linkj79
1999 WJ 

I cleaned my hazy headlights in 10 min. each with simple green and some rubbing compound. worked good

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...e-fix-1155494/
linkj79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #1258
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Changed out a seized rear caliper. I've been having issues past couple months where randomly it seems as if while driving 5-10mph that all of a sudden I was tied to a tree. Mileage has gone to crap recently, and today on the interstate I smelled brakes (finally, no brake smell before) I got to my office and one rear caliper was smoking. The increase in mileage should pay for the caliper in about a 2 weeks. ( i use 2 tanks a week)

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #1259
mbheal
2000 WJ 

went to put on my new wheel spacers so I can get my rear tires mounted and found the tire shop torqued the crap out of the lugs. 2 of the lugs I cant even get my lug wrench on!! It should be an interesting conversation on Friday. Does anyone know if you have to trim the wheel stud with 1 1/4" spidertrak spacers?
mbheal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #1260
Akrobatiks
2001 WJ 

Installed a Jet Accu-Speed Control Calibration Unit....

Electronically corrects speedometer and shift points for bigger tire sizes...
Akrobatiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.