What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 828 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #12406
FedUp007
2004 WJ 

Would help if I put in the pic.

forumrunner_20120725_075006.jpg

Unread 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #12407
K10roc

Hopped under the truck and swapped out my fuel filter... was a bit of a pain and i still got covered in gas even after i depressurized the system... i do have a question though, anyone ever smell gas after doing this at the rear of the truck, i could not see any leaks at all

2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
K10roc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #12408
Popperman63
2004 WJ 

Got my new air temp sensor in and attempted to replace the fuel filter since it has 187000 miles on it but gave up after an hour and a half and a bunch of bleeding finger tips. I only got 1 of the 3 fittings off of the filter. I have replaced numerous fuel filters in my time and this is by far the most difficult
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #12409
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsWJ

That's where mine is too

An exhaust cut out.

This is mine open:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-40EsZgvZ4
I'm guessing that's a 4.7 and not the 4.0 in that video. It'd be neat if the 4.0 did sound like that though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using JeepForum
jerrod710 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #12410
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Finally busted the rear o2 sensors loose and replaced them. Also broke down and got a bwd iac as I was tired of the random low idle. Hopefully after a pcm reset no more cel and a better idling jeep.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #12411
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s

Mine is permanently like this. I cut off everything behind the cat, and put a down spout exhaust tip to push the exhaust fumes against the ground.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2L1Kr3kAhU&feature=player_embedded
Sounds pretty good!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using JeepForum
jerrod710 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #12412
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

Received my Custom Front Tow Points today

MORE PICS IN BUILD THREAD !!!

03' Jeep WJ|4x4 select-trac|Kolaks "Magic Setup"|OME HDS|Bilsteins 5100's|3/4 spacers front|Moog STB SS|Zone 3" sway links|Homebrewed quick Disco's|17" Moabs|32" BFG's KM's|Hella 500ff's|Rear Oem receiver|Front custom tow Points|Smittybilt receiver 3/4 D-ring|Limited headlights and Grille|

My Build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ablaydes-wj-build-thread-1382113/[/url]

ROLL TIDE ROLL ! ! !

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said...I'm too drunk to taste this chicken !
ablaydes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #12413
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Went over to my friend's house/machine shop today and got the tire carrier built. I'm going to slap some paint on it tomorrow.

He had a bent-spline JK axle shaft he wanted to use for the mount. Pretty cool looking if you ask me.

JK D44 axle shaft:

The glass still opens.

This was an accident (the angle) but I like it, and it doesn't seem to hinder hatch access at all like this.

This bracket was put in to keep anybody from slamming the carrier into the window/gate, but serves as a stop for the arm, so I don't have to lift it all the way off the ground.

CB Antenna mount at the top

I'm really happy with it. I need to slap some paint on there, and rig up my license plate. I had the rear camera on the hitch, but had to take it off when I finally put a hitch bezel on. I'm thinking of mounting the license plate under the tire, with a light right up behind the lower part of the tire, and then putting my rear-view camera on the license holder. I'm toying around with the idea to build a bracket for the camera to stick out of the top, center hole in the wheel, for a higher point of view.

What do you guys think?

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #12414
ablaydes
2003 WJ 

^^^^^^ Wow That tire is Super far away from the rear of the Jeep
03' Jeep WJ|4x4 select-trac|Kolaks "Magic Setup"|OME HDS|Bilsteins 5100's|3/4 spacers front|Moog STB SS|Zone 3" sway links|Homebrewed quick Disco's|17" Moabs|32" BFG's KM's|Hella 500ff's|Rear Oem receiver|Front custom tow Points|Smittybilt receiver 3/4 D-ring|Limited headlights and Grille|

My Build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ablaydes-wj-build-thread-1382113/[/url]

ROLL TIDE ROLL ! ! !

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said...I'm too drunk to taste this chicken !
ablaydes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #12415
narnwv

2000 WJ 

it is a little out there. It's as close as it can get, without bending the vertical part. I considered tilting the top of it down, but I like how I can still open the rear window. A bumper or other swing-out is for sure in the future, but this was cheap and necessary for me to not have the spare on the roof for a 1200 mile trip (it drags 3mpg off)

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #12416
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Took out about 3 gatorade bottles worth of water from my AC drain...just tackled this a week ago, now will be doing this tomorrow again...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #12417
FULLJEEP
2004 WJ 

Today i pickedup my wj from the garage, changed all the ball joints, front and rear, really makes a difference, niw the ride is smooth, also had the 4 wheels completly refurbished. Now they look brand new.
FULLJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #12418
Pokes_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv
Went over to my friend's house/machine shop today and got the tire carrier built. I'm going to slap some paint on it tomorrow.

He had a bent-spline JK axle shaft he wanted to use for the mount. Pretty cool looking if you ask me.

JK D44 axle shaft:

The glass still opens.

This was an accident (the angle) but I like it, and it doesn't seem to hinder hatch access at all like this.

This bracket was put in to keep anybody from slamming the carrier into the window/gate, but serves as a stop for the arm, so I don't have to lift it all the way off the ground.

CB Antenna mount at the top

I'm really happy with it. I need to slap some paint on there, and rig up my license plate. I had the rear camera on the hitch, but had to take it off when I finally put a hitch bezel on. I'm thinking of mounting the license plate under the tire, with a light right up behind the lower part of the tire, and then putting my rear-view camera on the license holder. I'm toying around with the idea to build a bracket for the camera to stick out of the top, center hole in the wheel, for a higher point of view.

What do you guys think?
I like it a lot. I like how it swings down just enough to get the hatch open. Only thought I have about it is that the straight up and down bar leaves a huge gap from the back of the Dub.

What about putting an angle on the main beam to flow a bit better with the rear of the dub? Like angle it just below the bottom of the rim? Give it more of a fit look.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER]2004 Limited | 4.7L V8 | Quadra-Drive | Midnight Blue | 4-Hella 500FF | Stock Suspension | Smittybuilt Receiver 3/4" Shackle | 17" Jk Moabs | Zombie Response Vehicle[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Yellow"]BUILD THREAD:[/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/wj-build-thread-zombie-response-wj-1387333/#post13799044[/url][/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT]
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]FUELLY:[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pokeswj/grand-cherokee"]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pokeswj/grand-cherokee[/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
Pokes_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #12419
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Looks good, but are you gonna add more bracing? Like a triangular setup?
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #12420
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Took out about 3 gatorade bottles worth of water from my AC drain...just tackled this a week ago, now will be doing this tomorrow again...
i need to do this. i just realized yesterday my floor is flooded.

yesterday a friend fixed my taillights (for now)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.