What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 826 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #12376
808Defender
2000 WJ 

removed some sticker from the rear window to make room for my new Defend Hawaii one. Seafoamed the WJ and that was entertaining. I have seafoamed about 4 SUVs in last 2 years and never had seen that much smoke. I changed the oil out for 5 quarts of Lucas Oil and a Mopar Filter. Smoked my tails. And am trying to figure how you pul the front grille off i unscrewed all of the screwes but it wont come off. I need to sand and spray it black this evening.

Unread 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #12377
mreed21
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Defender
removed some sticker from the rear window to make room for my new Defend Hawaii one. Seafoamed the WJ and that was entertaining. I have seafoamed about 4 SUVs in last 2 years and never had seen that much smoke. I changed the oil out for 5 quarts of Lucas Oil and a Mopar Filter. Smoked my tails. And am trying to figure how you pul the front grille off i unscrewed all of the screwes but it wont come off. I need to sand and spray it black this evening.
Not all of the front grilles come off independently of the bumper. I know mine doesn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using JeepForum
mreed21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #12378
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Defender View Post
And am trying to figure how you pul the front grille off i unscrewed all of the screwes but it wont come off. I need to sand and spray it black this evening.
http://www.wjjeeps.com/grilles/grillesrem.htm
wjjeeps is a tool that you need to look at
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #12379
PathWJ99
1999 WJ 

I just taped off everything really well and sprayed it in place.
PathWJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #12380
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsWJ
I gave him one of the little JeepForum business cards and invited him to look this website up.
Where do we get our hands on some of these? Or did you have them made yourself?
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #12381
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post
Where do we get our hands on some of these? Or did you have them made yourself?
you get a few of them with your forum sticker with each time you renew your paid site membership.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #12382
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
you get a few of them with your forum sticker with each time you renew your paid site membership.
can't you buy them? i remember buying like 25 for a few $$
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #12383
narnwv

2000 WJ 

maybe. PM Keith. He owns the place. I'm sure a little free advertising for the site is a good thing, so I'm sure he'll send some out.

narnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #12384
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

I just put the moabs I had ^in my garage on my new 02. I knew I picked up an extra set for some reason
image-1386023827.jpg  
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #12385
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
dropping the axle off with at a friend's shop to finally get the truss burned on. going to have it back in a couple days so i can get the aussie in and get it installed. also thinking about doing some small things before our labor day trip to durhamtown since i'll be driving the dub 6 hours each way. so far my list consists of:

truss/lock rear (finished within a week)
sleeve 30 (will order this weekend or next)
new tre's (figure it's time anyway)
new balljoints (never been done to my knowledge, anyone's input is appreciated)
Change both diff fluid/install new diff covers
transmission fluid/filter? (fluid isn't too dark, but i don't know the last time it was done)

anyone suggest anything else? just replaced fuel filter and all spark plugs last thurs. new water pump within last 60 days. i'm worried that the fuel pump is getting old. might grab a cheapie used one at a JY just in case.

as far as backup parts go i only have a set of rear axle shafts. i can't find any d30 vari-lok shafts, which is why i'm sleeving it. any suggestions on what spares to bring with me? i won't be wheeling too hard bc i have to drive home after, but you know how **** tends to happen. thanks guys!
I need to get my spartan or aussie locker (still undecided between the two) installed in my D30.
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #12386
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsWJ View Post
A fellow with an Overland WJ with temporary tags (new car) parked next to me as I was getting ready to leave the gas station this morning. I started my Jeep (with the cutout open... oops). It let out its usual roar followed by a nice little backfire and fireball out from under the rocker panel. The guy jumped and said something I won't repeat. But it started a conversation about how much we like the WJ. I gave him one of the little JeepForum business cards and invited him to look this website up.
Mine is cut behind the cat, and dumps down. Its always turning heads... backfiring and shooting flames.

Sometimes it really actually scares people.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #12387
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s

Mine is cut behind the cat, and dumps down. Its always turning heads... backfiring and shooting flames.

What are you referring to exactly? Any way to hear a sound byte?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using JeepForum
jerrod710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #12388
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post

That's where mine is too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrod710 View Post
What are you referring to exactly? Any way to hear a sound byte?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using JeepForum
An exhaust cut out.

This is mine open:

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #12389
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Well I did the front two o2 sensors. They were relatively easy, but the rear 2 I just don't know how the hell I'm going to het them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestig_wj
came across this today....i love the bumpers(minus the headlight guards) and the snorkel(best one ive seen on a wj) and the flipped shifter is pretty cool
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=1954
Love the bumpers. Simple just like I want.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #12390
bigredhawkeye
2000 WJ 

Just dropped the WJ off at my local mechanic to have him look at some binding that I have continued to have up front. Also I'm getting some driveline vibes over 60MPH even after I put in my new Carolina Driveline driveshaft so I'm going to have him look at that and see what the issue could be.

WJ Expedition Build Thread

My Travel Thread
bigredhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.