What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 801 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #12001
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

What did I do to my jeep? Well I put the K and N FIPK back on and had my check engine light go off. I didnt put it on to fix the light, rather to test the setups again. Heres why Im surprised:

-CEL pops with p0158 and p0161, clear codes and the light pops right back on within an hour of driving.
-Clear codes again and within an hour of driving the light pops back on with the same codes.
-Clear codes AGAIN and within an hour of driving the light pops back on with the same codes.
-Swap in K and N fipk and within an hour the light goes off and its been days since I swapped the intakes and still no light.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #12002
robby65
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Yep..... replacing that Crank Postion Sensor on the WJ with a 4.0L is a "Fun" job... there are several threads on this forum that offer tricks and directions on making the job less "fun". I know, doesn't help you, but might help others .
For my first time doing this it really wasn't that bad.
I googled and followed post # 15 here:
http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=526885

post 20 has the pics.

The only thing i did to help me was to drop the driver side trans cross member.
Just loosened the 4 bolts enough to let it drop down a bit, then was able to put bolt and heat shield back on sensor by hand from the top of motor.then went through trans shifter cable hole as stated in post and tightened it back up.
robby65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #12003
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Drove 778 miles to go visit the parents in Baltimore. Used... wait for it... 38.1 gallons of fuel for a true 20.42 MPG. EVIC said 23.1, but whatever. Also put a can of R134 in it because the air wasn't blowing as cold as it used to. All better now.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #12004
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsWJ View Post
Drove 778 miles to go visit the parents in Baltimore. Used... wait for it... 38.1 gallons of fuel for a true 20.42 MPG. EVIC said 23.1, but whatever. Also put a can of R134 in it because the air wasn't blowing as cold as it used to. All better now.
Wow you must have taken the looooooong way from elkton to Baltimore...
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #12005
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
Wow you must have taken the looooooong way from elkton to Baltimore...
Oops... I haven't lived in etown since last November. Guess it's time to update that.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #12006
FULLJEEP
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
hey, looks like mine....mine is made out of electrical conduit...yes, that is what I said....hey, and guess what....it does its job....with a full spare, full ice chest loaded...bikes, everything...

FULLJEEP: you might need more vertical supports between the top and bottom frames...those 2-3 T fitting along the "long" side and 2 along the "narrow" side....why? cause you never now where that ratchet strap is going to end and you might break those little plates you screwed on there...they dont look very strong.
Is not finished yet, will put 2 vertical plates on each side, thd straps is for holdi g and keeping ig togethe thanks for the rec's
FULLJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #12007
FULLJEEP
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
hey, looks like mine....mine is made out of electrical conduit...yes, that is what I said....hey, and guess what....it does its job....with a full spare, full ice chest loaded...bikes, everything...

FULLJEEP: you might need more vertical supports between the top and bottom frames...those 2-3 T fitting along the "long" side and 2 along the "narrow" side....why? cause you never now where that ratchet strap is going to end and you might break those little plates you screwed on there...they dont look very strong.
Is not finished yet, will put 2 vertical plates on each side, thd straps is for holdi g and keeping ig togethe thanks for the rec's
FULLJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #12008
SwissWJ
2002 WJ 

New Heater core, nice not to have the coolant smell anymore. New WIX fuel filter, hoping to see a mpg increase but not holding my breath.
SwissWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #12009
mattcofc
2000 WJ 

Replaced the oil sending unit. It was reading 0 oil pressure and a little bit of oil was leaking out around the unit. Checked the pressure with a manual gauge and it read just fine. Not too bad.
mattcofc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #12010
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns_1 View Post
^^That is the Warn front receiver.

Just dropped it off to get aligned. Also decided to have them do the transmission fluid and filters while its there.
How many miles on your tranny since the last change? I'd really like to change mine at 91k but I've heard it's bad for it if you go a long time without changing the fluid. My fluid looks nice and pink though.
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #12011
buns_1
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonimor7 View Post
How many miles on your tranny since the last change? I'd really like to change mine at 91k but I've heard it's bad for it if you go a long time without changing the fluid. My fluid looks nice and pink though.
I couldn't tell you. I got my WJ with 109,000 and now its getting close to 130,000. Didn't get the previous owners service records.
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #12012
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Cut off a piece of the swaybar bracket on the axle side. Now my TRE doesn't contact the bracket at full lock.

Also, replaced a rear sway bar bushing and rotated my tires...

Slowly but surely getting rid of all the clunks....

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...709_144640.jpg

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #12013
cbailey_21
1999 WJ 

Installed my bds 2" springs with bilsteins and isolators. Netted 2 3/8" all the way around.
Before and after shot.

image-988189648.jpg

image-1152582344.jpg
[QUOTE=smuggler;13038059]Ah yes that is a common Jeep thing, weird noises after wheelin'. This is how you fix it. You have to go wheelin' again, but in reverse. Once you get done the clunk should be gone.[/QUOTE]

MODS: BDS 2" coils, Bilstein 5100 struts, 17"Moab takeoffs, 245/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Addco 1" Rear Swaybar, Energy Suspension greasable swaybar bushings, westin tail light guards, Rancho HD Steering stabilizer, Freedom Edition running boards, Spyder Halo Foglights, Rola Vortex roof rack.
cbailey_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #12014
4x4troy
1994 ZJ 

i did this....

got bored and pulled out the sawzall and cutoff wheel......rear roof section gone....

Unread 07-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #12015
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4troy
i did this....

got bored and pulled out the sawzall and cutoff wheel......rear roof section gone....
Looks like a Subaru outback

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.