What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #106
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Fixed my rear tail light problems, got some new sockets from the dealer, all 6 new bulbs, but now my left blinker seldomly works. Its random, it will work sometimes, or it wont work at all. Any suggestions?

Unread 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #107
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Bought a shovel and mounted it the same way I did my jack yesterday. However I did use a smaller diameter rod - 5/16". Now, I know by doing that I compromised the integrity of the shovel, but its use it intended for the beach so I'm not too worried. It won't be getting a lot of flex to it. I also tossed the spare up there so I free up some space in the back.

2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #108
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
Bought a shovel and mounted it the same way I did my jack yesterday. However I did use a smaller diameter rod - 5/16". Now, I know by doing that I compromised the integrity of the shovel, but its use it intended for the beach so I'm not too worried. It won't be getting a lot of flex to it. I also tossed the spare up there so I free up some space in the back.

You do realize that you have no way of using that hi lift style jack as long as you have those factory bumpers and rockers.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #109
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wj Spark plugs

Decided to pull plug #1 just to take a look.
This is my #1 spark plug. Although there are many like it, this one is mine.

Think I'll get ANOTHER 85k mi out of it? I'm guessing this is original.

The good news is oil control and the combustion chamber environment look good. The bad news is the previous owners probably neglected most everything else too, although the carfax had some dealer maint. records.

Soooo, off to Advance for 8 shiny new ones. First time with this type of ignition. Coils a little stubborn, and plug #8 was a little tricky, but not a bad trip over all. Shot almost all the electrical connectors with contact cleaner while in there. The throttle body was icky, shot a whole lotta carb cleaner through there. Which led to......

Nothing like the exhaust cloud of half a can of Seafoam sucked in through the brake booster line!!
08-22-10008.jpg  

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan

Last edited by jtcnj; 08-22-2010 at 07:30 PM..
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #110
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
You do realize that you have no way of using that hi lift style jack as long as you have those factory bumpers and rockers.
No. LOL. Figured if I took off my front bumper I could use my front tow points as a lift spot? and for the rear I could use my hitch? Oh well It was cheap, looks good, and could help someone ELSE out in a situation

Rock sliders ARE in the future though, so not a total waste

2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #111
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
No. LOL. Figured if I took off my front bumper I could use my front tow points as a lift spot? and for the rear I could use my hitch? Oh well It was cheap, looks good, and could help someone ELSE out in a situation

Rock sliders ARE in the future though, so not a total waste

I guess you could always use the Hi lift style jack to remove those bumpers
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #112
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

You can get a pretty cool hook attachement that hooks onto the jack, and two hooks that grab the wheel. It is a great accessory. If you need to change a tire, lift from the wheel, set the axle on something, and lower it back down.
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #113
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
You can get a pretty cool hook attachement that hooks onto the jack, and two hooks that grab the wheel. It is a great accessory. If you need to change a tire, lift from the wheel, set the axle on something, and lower it back down.
Desert Rat :: Hi Lift Lift Mate Wheel Attachment
Great idea. I'll buy that next month with my bday money
Unread 08-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #114
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Took the front bumper off today, and cut the grille off the fascia. Painted the underneath all black, just incase some does show after the bumper is installed. Also ziptied the license plate to make the police happy around here.

Unread 08-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #115
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

oil change, new fuel filter, greased the front driveshaft, control arms, and other zerk fittings, and a new set of champion spark plugs,
Unread 08-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #116
GhostKnife

just got back from my trip averaged 19.5 mpg, im happy lol
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #117
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

Cleaned it all up, gonna wax it tomorrow, yes i said the word WAX on JF lol
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #118
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjeeplovesmud View Post
Cleaned it all up, gonna wax it tomorrow, yes i said the word WAX on JF lol
clay it and will get allot of extra things off you cant see
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #119
myjeeplovesmud
2004 WJ 

yeah i'm gonna..... reason i'm gonna do it is cuz i cleaned off some tree sap and it swirled my clear coat
ZONE 4" Lift With 32" Duratracs
Hella Lighting - Rola Rack - KOR 3/4 Spacers
IRO Sliders - Rusty's Hooks - Cobra CB

MY BUILD THREAD
BAD TO THE BONE ZONE

November 2010 GCOTM
myjeeplovesmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #120
filipm
2002 WJ 

Drove 1000+ miles from Chicago to SC averaging 20.3 mpg fully loaded with 3 people. That's the good news. Bad news, power steering feeling funky at times on restart when turning right. Groans a little then goes away. Checking it when I get back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.