What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 729 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #10921
gregorma
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket

I have to start on this soon. What did you use for a guide? I have heard the YouTube video is pretty easy to follow along with.
The 3 party video on YouTube is great to get the dash off.but didn't help to get the HVAC ducts out...that was tricky...Even had trouble following the repair manual.

You have to remove everything from the left side of the engine compartment ie coolant reservoir battery and pcm

gregorma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #10922
gregorma
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota

Did this a year ago today to repair my leaky ac evaporator core. I used a combination of the FSM and the guide of wj Jeeps to do it. Whole job took about 8 hours and didn't require any special tools. There's a great time lapse YouTube video of two techs doing the job. It's not so much a hard job as it is time consuming. Also, you'll need a second person to help you remove and install the dash assembly.
I flipped my dash onto the seats and had enough room...i'm on about 7 hours now and its time to put the dash back on
gregorma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #10923
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Gotcha. My friend and I are setting aside a weekend to do both of our WJ's. Mine has crapped out and his is showing signs. I can't wait to fix this! Mine actually would blow smoke when you turned the heat on so I didnt use it. Thank god for my heated seats!
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #10924
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

When I bought mine the PO just said it didn't work. So I put a can of 134 in and turned on the fan. Ended up with a nice face full of it and the wonderful smell, it was awesome...
Cirruslydakota is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #10925
Low98Dime
2000 WJ 

Exhaust hanger on downpipe broke off so theres a hole where it's supposed to be, pipes are newer, need to see if it can just be welded.
Low98Dime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #10926
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota
When I bought mine the PO just said it didn't work. So I put a can of 134 in and turned on the fan. Ended up with a nice face full of it and the wonderful smell, it was awesome...
Mine looked like I had a fog machine on. It would slowly creep out of the defrost and then really start pouring out of the vents.

I had to replace a blower motor and heater core on my 65 mustang last year. That only took a few hours. Not much to mess with there, also no AC to worry about breaking....simpler times..
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #10927
thisguyhasadd2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockracer
Headed for Bill Moore lake today. Was a bit tuffer then trail reports clams, but had some fun. Got just passed the mud pit and found 4+ feet of snow, so couldn't get to it but ran into an offroad group when up there. The wife and niece had a blast. Enjoy
Wish I could have made it, looks fun.
Colorado Jeep Club Member#259
thisguyhasadd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #10928
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Washed the bird poo and beer can rings off her and all shiny after the lift. The soft 8s are MUCH easier to clean then the stockers were.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #10929
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyhasadd2 View Post
Wish I could have made it, looks fun.
It was, but we'll meet up next time, nex time I will take off the addco. made the ride vary rough!
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #10930
ArmedJustice
2004 WJ 

Removed 2'' spacer lift and installed 3'' OME spring lift with Bilsteins and JKS Track Bar. Had an alignment. Installed 2 of the 4 roof rack lights. Now I am getting ready to give it a wash. Eventually when I am not broke, I will put some 30'' tires on it.
imag0001-double.jpg  
ArmedJustice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #10931
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedJustice
Removed 2'' spacer lift and installed 3'' OME spring lift with Bilsteins and JKS Track Bar. Had an alignment. Installed 2 of the 4 roof rack lights. Now I am getting ready to give it a wash. Eventually when I am not broke, I will put some 30'' tires on it.
Don't you just love that setup. I'm on day 2 and in love. I went with 31s though and am seeing some rubbing.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #10932
jeeplaredo02
2002 WJ 

Gave it a nice wash. But I also has it parked sligtly on a hill for about and hour, I can back and went to start it and it was dead. I checked the terminals and they were hooked up fine and tried it again, and all the gauges were going nuts. Then I sat there for a few min and tried again with my foot on the break, and it started, why did this happen?
jeeplaredo02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #10933
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

Finally changed the front and rear diff fluids. Lubelocker for the front and good old RTV for the back. Man that crap stinks!!

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #10934
ArmedJustice
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
Don't you just love that setup. I'm on day 2 and in love. I went with 31s though and am seeing some rubbing.
I put it on yesturday and so far I am loving it. I figure I would go with 30'' to give it a little more height and so that I can keep the spare in the spare tire compartment.
ArmedJustice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #10935
mtb_crzd47
2000 WJ 

Put on a new wheel bearing on the drivers side. Didn't totally fix the squeak/howl and I'm not sure if it's a little better or just my head telling me it is so I can justify the $83.
mtb_crzd47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.