What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 728 - JeepForum.com
 187Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #10906 of 41722 Old 05-26-2012, 09:01 PM
shockracer
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern
Posts: 1,639
Headed for Bill Moore lake today. Was a bit tuffer then trail reports clams, but had some fun. Got just passed the mud pit and found 4+ feet of snow, so couldn't get to it but ran into an offroad group when up there. The wife and niece had a blast. Enjoy

forumrunner_20120526_205505.jpg



forumrunner_20120526_205541.jpg



forumrunner_20120526_205645.jpg



forumrunner_20120526_205706.jpg


2001 WJ 60th anniversary edition 4.7 quadra-drive
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10907 of 41722 Old 05-26-2012, 09:36 PM
gregorma
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waukegan/ North Chocago
Posts: 41
Continuing job on replacing heater core!pic is taken from passenger side. interior of jeep is gutted, its kinda scary
Attached Thumbnails
2012-05-26_19-59-30_941.jpg  
gregorma is offline  
post #10908 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 AM
WheelinCowboy
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sierra Vista
Posts: 214
Replaced front brake pads and rotors last Sunday. rear rotors, pads and e brake shoes today, tomorrow spark plugs. In the next couple weeks replacing the radiator, AC compressor, ordering my lift, and a couple other odds and ends.

1989 Cherokee (XJ) I6 4DR 4X4 Stock... for now
2002 Grand Cherokee Overland- Blown Motor *SOLD*
WheelinCowboy is offline  
post #10909 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 06:38 AM
rickcricket
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: saint louis
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorma
Continuing job on replacing heater core!pic is taken from passenger side. interior of jeep is gutted, its kinda scary
I have to start on this soon. What did you use for a guide? I have heard the YouTube video is pretty easy to follow along with.
rickcricket is offline  
post #10910 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 07:25 AM
pdpunome
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,047
I installed a custom USB port in my 2000 laredo on my center console for charging electronics. I will be installing another one for charging and a third in the middle for connecting to other divices in the future.

i am thinking about taking my extra console i have and installing the same to sell if anyone is interested PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
20120527_091521.jpg   20120527_091541.jpg  
pdpunome is offline  
post #10911 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:06 AM
04Overland47
Senior Member
 
04Overland47's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colonia
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpunome
I installed a custom USB port in my 2000 laredo on my center console for charging electronics. I will be installing another one for charging and a third in the middle for connecting to other divices in the future.

i am thinking about taking my extra console i have and installing the same to sell if anyone is interested PM me.
Nice idea, very clever. Can i ask where you got the leather console lid for your laredo? I have an Overland with the mesh laredo lid and i'm looking for a leather one.

2004 WJ Overland 4.7HO Graphite 127k miles / Powerstick Muffler / Superchips / Bilstein HD's / Addco Rear Bar / SOLD!
1998 ZJ Limited 5.9 SOLD!
2010 WK Laredo 5.7
1999 WJ Limited 4.0

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline  
post #10912 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 AM
pdpunome
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,047
I had a feeling that would come up... I have a laredo that is crossed bread with the overland, limited, and special edition. Overland steering wheel and arm rest lid. Steering wheel was easy to find but that leather arm rest WOW was extremely difficult. the black leather on is rare so rare that i could only find one in the united states that was available. if i were ever to sell it i would ask 200 and if i wanted it again like i did i would had paid 300 at the time.
pdpunome is offline  
post #10913 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 AM
04Overland47
Senior Member
 
04Overland47's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colonia
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpunome
I had a feeling that would come up... I have a laredo that is crossed bread with the overland, limited, and special edition. Overland steering wheel and arm rest lid. Steering wheel was easy to find but that leather arm rest WOW was extremely difficult. the black leather on is rare so rare that i could only find one in the united states that was available. if i were ever to sell it i would ask 200 and if i wanted it again like i did i would had paid 300 at the time.
I feel your pain, going crazy trying to find one. Even if i could get the light gray one from a 02-03 Overland but man i cant find any out there. Never thought a console lid would be so scarce. If you ever plan to sell the jeep and/or lid let me know, id be willing to work a deal.

2004 WJ Overland 4.7HO Graphite 127k miles / Powerstick Muffler / Superchips / Bilstein HD's / Addco Rear Bar / SOLD!
1998 ZJ Limited 5.9 SOLD!
2010 WK Laredo 5.7
1999 WJ Limited 4.0

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline  
post #10914 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:28 AM
cbailey_21
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: carthage
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Overland47

I feel your pain, going crazy trying to find one. Even if i could get the light gray one from a 02-03 Overland but man i cant find any out there. Never thought a console lid would be so scarce. If you ever plan to sell the jeep and/or lid let me know, id be willing to work a deal.
Why don't you just just take your lid to an upholstery or vinyl shop and have them wrap and stitch yours in leather or vinyl???

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
Ah yes that is a common Jeep thing, weird noises after wheelin'. This is how you fix it. You have to go wheelin' again, but in reverse. Once you get done the clunk should be gone.
MODS: BDS 2" coils, Bilstein 5100 struts, 17"Moab takeoffs, 245/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Addco 1" Rear Swaybar, Energy Suspension greasable swaybar bushings, westin tail light guards, Rancho HD Steering stabilizer, Freedom Edition running boards, Spyder Halo Foglights, Rola Vortex roof rack.
cbailey_21 is offline  
post #10915 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 AM
04Overland47
Senior Member
 
04Overland47's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colonia
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbailey_21

Why don't you just just take your lid to an upholstery or vinyl shop and have them wrap and stitch yours in leather or vinyl???
There are 0 leather shops by me. Plus it will probably cost just as much to wrap the one i have (since it would need padding too) as to buy a factory made one. I had another Overland that came with the leather lid and that thing was so comfortable (i know its a armrest but still..)

2004 WJ Overland 4.7HO Graphite 127k miles / Powerstick Muffler / Superchips / Bilstein HD's / Addco Rear Bar / SOLD!
1998 ZJ Limited 5.9 SOLD!
2010 WK Laredo 5.7
1999 WJ Limited 4.0

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline  
post #10916 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:44 AM
cbailey_21
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: carthage
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Overland47

There are 0 leather shops by me. Plus it will probably cost just as much to wrap the one i have (since it would need padding too) as to buy a factory made one. I had another Overland that came with the leather lid and that thing was so comfortable (i know its a armrest but still..)
I honestly can't imagine it being too expensive considering the fact that it will be brand new leather as opposed to being from an 8 year old overland, plus you could choose different colored stitching or even pay them an arm and a leg to embroider "jeep" into the thing. But then again there aren't any near you so that blows you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
Ah yes that is a common Jeep thing, weird noises after wheelin'. This is how you fix it. You have to go wheelin' again, but in reverse. Once you get done the clunk should be gone.
MODS: BDS 2" coils, Bilstein 5100 struts, 17"Moab takeoffs, 245/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Addco 1" Rear Swaybar, Energy Suspension greasable swaybar bushings, westin tail light guards, Rancho HD Steering stabilizer, Freedom Edition running boards, Spyder Halo Foglights, Rola Vortex roof rack.
cbailey_21 is offline  
post #10917 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 AM
pdpunome
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,047
cost is not good to get it custom wrapped and it would not look good i tried that route and it did not turn out good. i have seen others who did that too and same results for them.

the gray leather one is not as rare and in fact i thought for a year of looking that was the only color they made until i spotted the black! i had to buy a whole console to get just the lid so it ran me alot of money and now i have an extra console in perfect shape just like the one in the truck currently so it kind of sucks but i love the lid!

my search has never ended since finding one for myself and when i get another one or multiples i will be selling them just not 200 like i said but a fair market value will be set depending on my costs invested and time.
pdpunome is offline  
post #10918 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 AM
04Overland47
Senior Member
 
04Overland47's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colonia
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpunome
my search has never ended since finding one for myself and when i get another one or multiples i will be selling them just not 200 like i said but a fair market value will be set depending on my costs invested and time.
Just PM me anytime you have a center console with the leather lid. Id be willing to purchase the whole console for a fair price! Thanks

2004 WJ Overland 4.7HO Graphite 127k miles / Powerstick Muffler / Superchips / Bilstein HD's / Addco Rear Bar / SOLD!
1998 ZJ Limited 5.9 SOLD!
2010 WK Laredo 5.7
1999 WJ Limited 4.0

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline  
post #10919 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Cirruslydakota
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Towson
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket

I have to start on this soon. What did you use for a guide? I have heard the YouTube video is pretty easy to follow along with.
Did this a year ago today to repair my leaky ac evaporator core. I used a combination of the FSM and the guide of wj Jeeps to do it. Whole job took about 8 hours and didn't require any special tools. There's a great time lapse YouTube video of two techs doing the job. It's not so much a hard job as it is time consuming. Also, you'll need a second person to help you remove and install the dash assembly.

Bear - 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Apollo - 2008 Mazdaspeed3
Vivienne - 2015 Chrysler 200S
Cirruslydakota is offline  
post #10920 of 41722 Old 05-27-2012, 10:30 AM
gregorma
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waukegan/ North Chocago
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket

I have to start on this soon. What did you use for a guide? I have heard the YouTube video is pretty easy to follow along with.
The 3 party video on YouTube is great to get the dash off.but didn't help to get the HVAC ducts out...that was tricky...Even had trouble following the repair manual.

You have to remove everything from the left side of the engine compartment ie coolant reservoir battery and pcm
gregorma is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (4 members and 3 guests)
970001zj , FabioTheTech , stefory , tjmaximus
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Tried to do Spark Plugs today in the 4.7--Didn't happend Astorm WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 43 03-24-2014 08:35 PM
Died today... jimbo141 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-09-2011 08:20 PM
I want to order some brakes today matrix849 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 30 07-25-2010 01:01 AM
found an ad today KI4KWF WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 07-30-2007 12:27 AM
Just got my xenon on today ! unbelivable ! gaignstar WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 8 05-12-2002 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome