What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 724 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #10846
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ

But, then you lose that extra storage area...
it's a horrible mess right now, friday is my prep day for saturday's trip so it'll be organized then, but I improvised...

forumrunner_20120523_122223.jpg  

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #10847
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

I put my tire on rack...my recovery tools (jack, bag-o tools, compressor and stuff...) in donut hole and the rest of the junk in the cargo area....

I cant have the tools flying around inside cabin...my rug rats might get injured...

As you see, i dont travel light...the more space the better...

Now, I have to work on the HP and TQ...
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #10848
SBWJ
2000 WJ 

Got a good price on a K&n cold air intake =D also replacing electric fan soo annoying...
forumrunner_20120523_155457.jpg  
SBWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #10849
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
No sense if its for sale.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #10850
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Pulled a roofing nail out of my tire today, glad I had plenty of meat on them to stop it from going through.
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #10851
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysHI

No sense if its for sale.
I still have to drive it. Plus, what if it doesn't sell. Or,what If I get back on better feet sooner ratger then later; if so, imma stroke it as originally planned.
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #10852
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

fixed my evap codes
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #10853
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I still have to drive it. Plus, what if it doesn't sell. Or,what If I get back on better feet sooner ratger then later; if so, imma stroke it as originally planned.
well, if you get back on your foot sooner than expected than go for it. but since its for sale right now, no sense dumping more money into it since you wont get it ALL back.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #10854
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4COWBOY

lol. Like everyone else I am waiting to lift it and then I will decide whether to go the route of mud tires or all terrains. How about you?
I am torn. Walmart has the Goodyear wrangler authority MT's in 245/75/17 for 36 a piece because they are discontinuing that size. For that price I almost have to! I really want the bfgoodrich MT's but they are a little speedy for me.

If you lift it go IRO. I love my 3" lift. It gives it such a great stance.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #10855
JRobes
2004 WJ 

fixed my rear wiper. Symptoms were:
  • wiper wouldn't work randomly when turned on
  • wiper would hesitate to move (an extra push would help it along on its first swing)
  • wiper would not go back into its rest position
What I did to fix it: followed this (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...tures-1347365/) and while pulling out the wiper shaft I noticed a rubber o-ring that was nowhere near where it should have been on the shaft. I reamed out the collar, re-greased, put the o-ring back on (where i thought it made the most sense), reinserted the wiper shaft and now she works like new. I also re-painted my wiper arm black since it was starting to show bare metal on the top. Sure beats having to buy a new motor (which, as i found would not have solved the issue) or trying to find a wiper assembly at a JY. Again, JeepForum and her members save the day
Pearl Black 2004 Overland - OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disco's, JKS Track Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Moog TRE's, K&N filter, Audio Aux Input, 10th Anniv. 2013 Rubi Rims, 32.1" BFG KM's, removable rear seat mod
JRobes is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #10856
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I put my tire on rack...my recovery tools (jack, bag-o tools, compressor and stuff...) in donut hole and the rest of the junk in the cargo area....

I cant have the tools flying around inside cabin...my rug rats might get injured...

As you see, i dont travel light...the more space the better...

That hitch extender thing is SCARY!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #10857
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
That hitch extender thing is SCARY!

Are you referring to the 10" drop ball mount hitch? Or, the dual hitch extender? Or, maybe the safety straps I have on the bike rack?

The dual hitch extender I have had for over 1 yr now, works great.
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #10858
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Are you referring to the 10" drop ball mount hitch? Or, the dual hitch extender? Or, maybe the safety straps I have on the bike rack?

The dual hitch extender I have had for over 1 yr now, works great.
That dual hitch extender I don't like because it just adds a ton more tongue weight to the hitch on the Jeep. Not only because of the bikes but because the trailer ball is out further making more of a lever. Which in turn takes the downward force on the ball and multiplies it. More of a chance to bend the hitch itself. Trust me I have seen that before. Guys running an extender and putting a trailer on there and it bending the crap out of the hitch. Me personally, I would add a little hitch to the back of the pop up for the bikes and ditch the extender. While I am not dissing your methods, that seems like too much tongue weight for me. Plus the jeep has to carry more on its back. Just my opinion.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #10859
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07

That dual hitch extender I don't like because it just adds a ton more tongue weight to the hitch on the Jeep. Not only because of the bikes but because the trailer ball is out further making more of a lever. Which in turn takes the downward force on the ball and multiplies it. More of a chance to bend the hitch itself. Trust me I have seen that before. Guys running an extender and putting a trailer on there and it bending the crap out of the hitch. Me personally, I would add a little hitch to the back of the pop up for the bikes and ditch the extender. While I am not dissing your methods, that seems like too much tongue weight for me. Plus the jeep has to carry more on its back. Just my opinion.
I have the bike rack for the pop- up in the works...
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #10860
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Just installed the larado black housing headlights in the rain and some hail, I couldn't wait till tomorrow. They look awesome on my black WJ! Pics are coming tomorrow.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.