What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 721 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #10801
PenOhWJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasko View Post
went to put my lift on today and the skies opened up and poured on me. So that being said Im gonna try again tomorrow but this time in a garage. I WILL GO TO WORK MONDAY WITH A LIFTED WJ! lol pending i dont hit any snags and what not. I just hit all the bolts with pb blaster and gonna do it again before i call it a night. Ill do it again once i start and hopefully everything will come apart with no major problems.
Hope you have better luck than I did. Tore mine apart over the weekend and found my passenger side spring perch was rotted off. Driver side wasn't looking very healthy either. Stalled the project in a hurry.

PenOhWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #10802
Subi69
2000 WJ 

Wj

Well fellow Jeepsters,

I kinda new to this forum, Im on several subaru forums, as I havent posted much just buying parts
Well alittle up to speed is this weekend. I did new front axle seals. The fourth time Ive had to pull the carrier. Cuz last weekend I install the new Spartan locker, used the spider gear washers, bad idea. It wouldnt unlock. So pulled again and reinstalled, then axle seal started leaking grrr.
So got new seals in and locker plus Redline 75w-140 and HeavyShock Redline.
I also went ahead and did rearend fluid change with the same stuff just added alittle more HeavyShock. I also cleaned up and painted the diff covers to pervent rust untill I get diff guard covers.
I also got the front tow receiver hitch installed while I was working on it.
I also fixed the leak where the tranny line attaches to rad. and installed an external tranny cooler. While I had the bumper off I trimmed alittle bit.
My signature has everything else Ive done to it since I got it on New Years of this year. It was bone stock.
Thanks guys, Ill have to figure out how to add pics as I lost all mine that was on my flicker page.
Clay
2"BB, Up Country Springs, JKS TB, 70mm BBK TB, SuperChip Programmer, Rubicon Shocks, Rubicon Tires, Rubicon Moabs, Airaid Intake Tube, Drop-in K&N, Curt Front Hitch, Dana 30 Spartan Locker, Disco Endlinks Front&Rear, Mopar Trans Case Skid, ProComp Steering Stabilizer, Bar Pin Eliminators, Infinity Ref. 3.5", Akabono front Calib. Ceramic Pads Slotted rotors, Catless with 5.5"x18" angle chrome echo pipe,
Subi69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #10803
Subi69
2000 WJ 

Wj

I forgot I also install Infinity Reference 3.5" in the dash. My stock speakers the foam around the edge was completely gone
Next payday Im ordering a set of JBL GTO938 they are 6x9 Mid Bass im puttin in the doors to replace the stock 6x9. I found this jbl's cuz they are 2ohm it'll work perfect with the stock infinity amp.
I guess I should do a build tread LOL
Clay
2"BB, Up Country Springs, JKS TB, 70mm BBK TB, SuperChip Programmer, Rubicon Shocks, Rubicon Tires, Rubicon Moabs, Airaid Intake Tube, Drop-in K&N, Curt Front Hitch, Dana 30 Spartan Locker, Disco Endlinks Front&Rear, Mopar Trans Case Skid, ProComp Steering Stabilizer, Bar Pin Eliminators, Infinity Ref. 3.5", Akabono front Calib. Ceramic Pads Slotted rotors, Catless with 5.5"x18" angle chrome echo pipe,
Subi69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #10804
Fett986
1999 WJ 

Swapped the radiator, water pump, and thermostat this weekend, and it looks like the PO had a little too much fun...

I'm guessing that those are supposed to be a little more straight? With the bumper, spash guards and fan shroud, I had only noticed before the that bottom of the rad support was dented, but never knew it was that bad... BFH helped a lot on those. I'm amazed the old radiator wasn't leaking from the side, where it was crushed on the bottom.

Then in trying to torque the thermostat housing to the recommended 16 ft-lbs, twisted off two bolt heads.

And finally, to get the fan off the old water pump, we ended up having to make a spanner replacement, and even then needed a 2 ft pipe on the end of the crescent wrench to get enough leverage to break the nut loose.

All back together and runs now though!
'99 4.7L Limited - Rear Addco Sway Bar, K&N FIPK, IRO Steering Stabilizer, Stillen/DBA Drilled & Slotted Rotors, 4" Rough Country Springs, Rough Country Adj. Track bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rear Terraflex sway bar links, Bilstein 5100's, A-Arm spacer, fixed front LCA's for 4", 255/70/17 General Grabber AT2, Superchips Tuner

In the garage, waiting to go in - MOPAR Front Skid, HO Cams, metal for home made sliders
Fett986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #10805
aleet25
2003 WJ 

Got my wheels painted black.
img_00000015.jpg   img_00000018.jpg   img_00000025.jpg  
aleet25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #10806
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleet25
that's a beautiful rig man!
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #10807
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

what makes your 44a "super" ?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #10808
aleet25
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ

that's a beautiful rig man!
Thanks man. I appreciate it!
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #10809
Alekoy

Doing some upgrades and needed maintenance lately.
Maintenance:
Front axle seals
Tie rod ends
upper and lower ball joint both sides (only one side was bad, but that was the same side as last time, so I figured I'd replace both sides)
rear axle pinion seal

Upgrades:
transgo shiftkit
2,5" front and 2" rear lift kit
20" wheels (from the 2011 GC) with 275/55-20 tires (not tested if there is rubbing yet)
front and transfercase OEM skidplates
front towhooks <- for getting other people out of trouble, naturally.
TPMS system.

Also, some weeks ago I had to get a dump truck out of the ditch for my neighbor
jeep-1.jpg   jeep-2.jpg  
Alekoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #10810
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

damn son. 20" rims? you blastin that master p too?

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #10811
Alekoy

There is actually still a decent amount of rubber, nicely proportioned as a friend said.. will take some pictures once I get the correct seal for the rear axle (hopefully the 4th attempt will be the correct one) and get it outside
I do see a potential rubbing problem thou, I think the offset on the 2011-GC wheels are higher than the 2000's and the new wheels are also wider, so I think I will need some spacers to avoid lower control arm rubbing.
Alekoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #10812
fosterjd79
2004 WJ 

I vacuumed it out, put in the diehard platinum battery and wire a quick disconnect for a winch in the rear. Still waiting on adj trackbar, .75 spacers, new isolators, front reciever so I can add the bullbar to it, and a high pressure steering hose since mine just started leaking. Lot's to do just to hit the trails and probably break something else. Good times!
fosterjd79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #10813
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleet25 View Post
what lights are on your roof?

i got my sliding pins for the brake caliper in today...so i finished up the front brakes. can finally drive it after a few weeks of being down.
Unread 05-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #10814
bigredhawkeye
2000 WJ 

In the process of painting my wheels graphite!

Should have pics up later tonight.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/2000-wj-build-cadets-budget-1374433/"]WJ Expedition Build Thread[/URL][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/114319-Planning-one-last-trip-(CO-UT-OR-WA-CAN-Alaska-etc-)-for-my-Dad-and-I"]My Travel Thread[/URL]
bigredhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #10815
aleet25
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
what lights are on your roof?

i got my sliding pins for the brake caliper in today...so i finished up the front brakes. can finally drive it after a few weeks of being down.
They're just some cheap ones from AutoZone. I haven't gotten around to changing them out to Hella's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.