What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #91
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

Getting ready to pull the engine again so I can swap around the fllywheel. My other car's transmission died today.

99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #92
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Replaced all the TRE's today, drives a ton better! Now I can get an alignment.
Unread 08-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #93
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
While it was being driven by a relative today, another relative spilt iced tea everywhere and it got into the auto climate module somehow. It got real sticky and stopped working. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned with contact cleaner and re-assembled and now it works perfectly
Did you give him or her the beatin' they deserved? (rhetorical). Glad you got it worked out, but it may have compromised the service life.

I drove mine to my brother in laws house to see his baby girl = priceless. Wife drove back....

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #94
straty1987

tried to fix my P0300 and P0308 codes.
pull #8 and was gaped right. pull all the plugs and they were gaped right.
the anti size i put on made it allot easier to take out the plugs compared to when i changed them a while ago.

code is gone since i disconnected the battery but will see if it comes back in a few days after driving around.

also cleaned the IAC and the end was dirt, now i can see the metal on the end. cleaned the throttle body mounted as best as i could but got allot of dirt off with a towel.

can the TPS be cleaned?

last cleaned the entire jeep and now its all clean look
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #95
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Today I was at the JY looking for a new front axle and came across this project....

Relocate the washer fluid reservoir. Its from a ZJ. Works GREAT. I used the pumps from the ZJ. Its a REAL tight squeeze but it works.

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #96
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I discovered in true Jeep form, that a 9055 bulb is impossible to find.....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #97
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitnail View Post
Today I was at the JY looking for a new front axle and came across this project....

Relocate the washer fluid reservoir. Its from a ZJ. Works GREAT. I used the pumps from the ZJ. Its a REAL tight squeeze but it works.
Hope to finally get mine mounted this coming week. Just got my K&N, so I can get the airbox out of the way. Need to fab an intake tube yet.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #98
99JeepGC47
2008 KK Liberty 

Pulling the engine to fix the backward fly wheele. I now hope to have it running firstthing in the morning, it is almost to the point now that we can lift it out. Anyone want to help? I am almost ready to take it out back and shoot it.
99JeepGC47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #99
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
I discovered in true Jeep form, that a 9055 bulb is impossible to find.....
sometimes you have to ask,
but 9005 is the same as 9055 and is brighter.
upgrade the fogs in my WJ and their is more light output
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #100
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Finally ordered a new CV last night. Looking forward to being able to wheel again. Today I went to Harbor Freight and picked up a 48" High Lift, then to Home Depot to pick up some hardware to mount it.

Jack - $39.99 +tax
Hardware- $12 +/-

I bought a 1/2"x13 x 12" rod and cut it into two 5" lengths. I drilled two 1/2" holes in my roof rails 32" apart, using the middle hole on the forward section of the rail as a start. I used four washers, six nuts, and two wing nuts to put it all together. Two of the nuts (one on each mount) to allow the jack to sit above the rails and allow it to still be moved. The cable is 2' of 1/8" rubber coated. I am VERY happy with how it came together, very clean, very professional look.
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #101
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Today my 8 month old radiator decided "hey lets blow up while NO one in town has ANYTHING to replace me with"
So I drove and 1.5 hours away to get the radiator and then drove 1.5 hours back to install it. By the time I got back it was dark so I started on it. Ill finish in the morning. Does anyone have a GOOD WELL MADE radiator? I would like to know so I can stop replacing radiators....

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 03:06 AM   #102
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitnail View Post
Today my 8 month old radiator decided "hey lets blow up while NO one in town has ANYTHING to replace me with"
So I drove and 1.5 hours away to get the radiator and then drove 1.5 hours back to install it. By the time I got back it was dark so I started on it. Ill finish in the morning. Does anyone have a GOOD WELL MADE radiator? I would like to know so I can stop replacing radiators....
I've had decent luck with Modine
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #103
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wj

Well I started trying to restore my headlights with a turtle wax kit. The most coarse pad is not quite aggressive enough on the yellow icky spots.

Anybody know what grit sandpaper is a step rougher? I'm thinking 800. Obviously, I want just enough to do the job, and not make more scratches than I have to.

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #104
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcnj View Post
Well I started trying to restore my headlights with a turtle wax kit. The most coarse pad is not quite aggressive enough on the yellow icky spots.

Anybody know what grit sandpaper is a step rougher? I'm thinking 800. Obviously, I want just enough to do the job, and not make more scratches than I have to.
Go get yourself some 600,800,1000,1500,2000,3000 and start at the bottom and work yourway up. Do each step "wet", and take your time. Do a three step polish afterwards (compound, med. polish, finish polish) and seal her up with a dozen coats of wax (pure carnuaba). Let the wax dry for a couple mins, and remove before each additional coat. Do it this way, and your lights will look brand new. Wax on a regular bases to keep them up
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #105
Madmike4790
2002 WJ 

Fixed the blower motor by getting rid of the melted plug. Best $8 i've spent on the jeep yet.
Madmike4790 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.