Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#13,963 ·
Had some metal left over from my belly skid build so I made an oil pan and trans pan skids. Also welded in a drain plug for the trans pan.
Wow, your bottom is more protected than a hot chick with five older brothers!:laugh:

#13,967 ·
Just did all 4 tie rod ends. Parts costs $40 and 2 of the ends came with greasable fittings. The wheels look a little off, so going to get it aligned tomorrow. I feel bad now that I read the posts above about doing alignment yourself. Oh well, I saved money doing the tre's myself. Oh also, replaced the passenger busings in my track bar with those from KOR. The driver's one's are a pain to get to because of my extended bump stops. All and all, I'm pretty confident the bump induced dw will be taken care of now.

#13,968 ·
LilLuKe said:
But really unless you are way off on your measurement with a tape measure then you shouldn't even be able to tell a difference with handling or tire wear...if your that off with your measurement then your probly better off riding a bike than driving :)
^ Needs a hug

#13,971 ·
LilLuKe said:
But really unless you are way off on your measurement with a tape measure then you shouldn't even be able to tell a difference with handling or tire wear...if your that off with your measurement then your probly better off riding a bike than driving :)
Yeah... I won't hide it my Jeep hasn't had an real allignment for 3-4 years now. When I did my new TREs I did the tape measure and she still tracks true and straight and tires are wearing fine. If a shop will just adjust the tie rod with their equipment for $20-$30 though I'd totally do it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#13,973 ·
Got a little mud on the tires

Attachments

#13,978 ·
Kdeome said:
2 inch lift, jk rubicon 17s, 32" BFG KM DT
Does that rub? Any trimming needed? I thought a 31" was recomended at 2" lift, waiting for 2" BDS.

#13,979 ·
Changed some led bulbs in my headlights today, slap topped of my rear diff and got rid of a chatter at full lock.

#13,980 ·
Went to an estate sale on Wed in Columbus OH (a little over an hour away) and saw a couple LED light bars (3). They were 40" and have 80 LEDs. They looked just like the one I put on my friend wrangler that he got from Rigid Industries. There is no markings on them So I dont know who made them. They were tagged $400 each. No boxes, instructions just lights, switches and harnesses.

They wouldn't let me test them there so i was unsure about them. When I was leaving the guy that worked there said I could leave a bid on them and if they didn't sell I could get them for the bid. So I put in a bid on them of $200 each ($600 for all).

Well got a call a call this afternoon saying they accepted my bid on two of them and come and get them. Hauled my butt there and told the guy I wanted to test them before I paid and he let me. He said the third one went for $300. They both lit up and I handed him the money and off I went.

I'll have too see what the light output is tonight. They are petty heavy and seem well made with glass covering the LEDS. The have weather seal connectors and lighted switches. The housing is finned and appears to be cast aluminum as are the mounting legs.

Now if I can just find a high pinion 44 I'd be happy.:2thumbsup:

Here are some pics of them.