Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#13,341 ·
Went out on the town Saturday night with a bunch of friends. My better half offered to DD to save money on a taxi. Woke up Sunday morning with the worst curb rash I've ever seen on both of the passenger side wheels and tires :brickwall: My cherished white letters are all torn to ****.

I gotta find some JK rubis and actually win the action for once.

#13,342 ·
Actually yesterday - Oil/Filter change in between watching football games- Castrol 10w-30 @5quarts +Quart bottle of Lucas Additive=6quarts! Then started on the plugs only to get rained on, maybe next weekend for plugs....is it worth it to do yourself, or should I take it to mech to complete? (I am at 86k miles now) - should I be looking to replace injectors as well???

#13,343 ·
McCloudsWJ said:
Went out on the town Saturday night with a bunch of friends. My better half offered to DD to save money on a taxi. Woke up Sunday morning with the worst curb rash I've ever seen on both of the passenger side wheels and tires :brickwall: My cherished white letters are all torn to ****.

I gotta find some JK rubis and actually win the action for once.
Ouch!

#13,344 ·
Ikelovey said:
Actually yesterday - Oil/Filter change in between watching football games- Castrol 10w-30 @5quarts +Quart bottle of Lucas Additive=6quarts! Then started on the plugs only to get rained on, maybe next weekend for plugs....is it worth it to do yourself, or should I take it to mech to complete? (I am at 86k miles now) - should I be looking to replace injectors as well???
Do it yourself. Easiest way to save money

#13,348 ·
Literally just got off the phone with Nick at Kolak and started piecing together my lift. Just ordered my Moog steering stabilizer and OME hd springs. End of the week ordering the trackbar and bilsteins.

#13,349 ·
Got some goodies delivered today! Bama_wj 's old rear bumper got delivered today when my friend got into town from Alabama.

Then the man in the big brown van delivered my Rigid Dually's

Tonight ill be ordering a hitch receiver to weld into the bumper since i tow a trailer every so often. Ill also be ordering a new latch for the tire carrier since im not a fan of the one KMA used, and also a jerry can carrier for it as well. After that ill be ordering some monstaliner to finish up the fender trim job with.

Once all that comes in the wj will be getting parked so that i can raise the gas tank before the bumper install. Along with finishing the fender cut, monstalinning, installing JCR stage 3 sliders, finishing wiring of the led lights, and installing the rocker switches for all the goodies. Also if time/money allows ill be installing the 231HD with sye and terraflex 2lo, but i need the rebuild kits first.

#13,350 ·
TJSWJ said:
Got some goodies delivered today! Bama_wj 's old rear bumper got delivered today when my friend got into town from Alabama.

Tonight ill be ordering a hitch receiver to weld into the bumper since i tow a trailer every so often. Ill also be ordering a new latch for the tire carrier since im not a fan of the one KMA used. After that ill be ordering some monstaliner to finish up the fender trim job with.

Once all that comes in the wj will be getting parked so that i can raise the gas tank before the bumper install. Along with finishing the fender cut, monstalinning, installing JCR stage 3 sliders, finishing wiring of the led lights, and installing the rocker switches for all the goodies. Also if time/money allows ill be installing the 231HD with sye and terraflex 2lo, but i need the rebuild kits first.
How much he sell you thay bumper?

#13,352 ·
Removed intake/exhaust and removed the pan from my son's new WJ. Piston #3 was broken, 3 pcs. of skirt in the pan. What I could see of the cylinder looked okay.Time to order parts and pull the head. The 1/2" 12pt 13mm deep socket is $19 for an SK! Glad I didn't have to buy a Snap-on.
I was amazed that the pan came right off never had that happen before:D

#13,353 ·

Tonight ill be ordering a hitch receiver to weld into the bumper since i tow a trailer every so often. Ill also be ordering a new latch for the tire carrier since im not a fan of the one KMA used, and also a jerry can carrier for it as well. After that ill be ordering some monstaliner to finish up the fender trim job with.

damn, thats gonna look nice on your WJ especially with your front bumper as a match up

#13,356 ·
TJSWJ said:

Im getting a new bumper made for mine. Does the gas tank need to be raised just yet or can it wait?

#13,358 ·
Im getting a new bumper made for mine. Does the gas tank need to be raised just yet or can it wait?
that's entirely up to you. i raised my tank a long time ago for clearnace issues, and i no longer have any. now, when i build a bumper, the tank's already tucked up higher than the hitch frame, so it's protected.

you can install and after market bumper with our without your tank raised. i actually think most bumpers are made to fit standard tank placement bc there's not a lot of guys that have actually lifted the tank.

but my $.02 is that it's a great mod.

#13,359 ·
it can wait. I just figure if i have to take all the bolts that hold the tank up out, might as well drop the tank and do the tuck. Plus the new bumper doesnt cover the tank as much as the stock on so its going to stick out like a sore thumb.