What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 665 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #9961
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

HMmm....glad you are OK.

But, let me tell you about California residents and rain...they seem not to mix well.

PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #9962
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ
HMmm....glad you are OK.

But, let me tell you about California residents and rain...they seem not to mix well.
Same in Florida. Feckin touristimos

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #9963
13bullets
2000 WJ 

Dang, looks like you took quite a ride.
13bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #9964
whooboy
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justn View Post
I got in a wreck in my WJ today!

I'm alright, just hurting from where my seatbelt saved me, but as you can see, my poor Jeep is totaled. My dad and I got everything out of it that we could. Still gotta get my Warn front receiver and my HIR headlight bulbs I just put in.
I am so sorry about your car--but happy you weren't hurt any more than you were. I used to live in Tehachapi. I've probably driven that stretch of road many times. I hope everything turns out good for you--well, as good as it can.
whooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #9965
whooboy
2003 WJ 

I got my WJ back after having the transmission resealed to cure some aggravating leaks a former rebuilder left (before I bought it). Also replaced the outshaft seal on the transfer case. And, oh yeah, a new power steering pump--it had a crack where the castings were joined. Anyone ever hear of that?
whooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #9966
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justn
I got in a wreck in my WJ today!

I'm alright, just hurting from where my seatbelt saved me, but as you can see, my poor Jeep is totaled. My dad and I got everything out of it that we could. Still gotta get my Warn front receiver and my HIR headlight bulbs I just put in.
Totaled most likely.
jerrod710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #9967
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
HMmm....glad you are OK.

Oh no, California drivers freak the flip out when its raining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13bullets View Post
Dang, looks like you took quite a ride.
It was quite a ride. I'm just glad I didn't get hit again when I got spun into the next lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooboy View Post
I am so sorry about your car--but happy you weren't hurt any more than you were. I used to live in Tehachapi. I've probably driven that stretch of road many times. I hope everything turns out good for you--well, as good as it can.
I know, I'm sad about my jeep too. I loved that thing and I only had her for a year. The accident happend on the North bound 99 between the 58 on ramp and the Ming Ave off ramp to put it in perspective for you. I'm sure you know how people are always slamming on their brakes right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrod710 View Post
Totaled most likely.
That's my guess. The front passenger door couldn't open and the rear axle was broken. I'm pretty sure it was laying on the rear diff, and my gas tank was hanging on the ground. The front end is perfect seeing as I didn't hit anyone.
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #9968
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Dang. Sorry.
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #9969
gtg413i
2003 WJ 

The jeep can be replaced- hopefully with a better one. Amen you're ok. I was driving the wj home last night on the 405 by L.A. And a car spun from 3 lanes over and ended up stopped facing me in the far left lane. I Never slammed on brakes from 75mph and not in a jeep. The front shook badly ( probably the lift), but she stopped me about 2 cars short of the spun out car. Amazingly the car didn't hit anyone or get hit. Ca drivers drive too fast and don't slow down in the rain.
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #9970
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i View Post
The jeep can be replaced- hopefully with a better one. Amen you're ok. I was driving the wj home last night on the 405 by L.A. And a car spun from 3 lanes over and ended up stopped facing me in the far left lane. I Never slammed on brakes from 75mph and not in a jeep. The front shook badly ( probably the lift), but she stopped me about 2 cars short of the spun out car. Amazingly the car didn't hit anyone or get hit. Ca drivers drive too fast and don't slow down in the rain.
My goal is to find a v8 WJ this time around.
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #9971
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Glad you're ok justn, sorry to see your WJ is toasted... (Looking for a smiley that is one patting another on the back, but we don't seem to have one here, so just use your imagination, lol)
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #9972
thisguyhasadd2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
My goal is to find a v8 WJ this time around.
whats do you think insurance will give you?
Colorado Jeep Club Member#259
thisguyhasadd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #9973
jerrod710
2003 WJ 

Picked up a Mopar transmission filter and a case of Amsoil transmission fluid, seat I ordered, siphon pump and 12 quart drain container. Tomorrow I'm gonna change my transmission fluid and filter. Gonna siphon it before I take pan off so I don't get an arm or face soaked in fluid. Then might look at my spark plugs and replace plugs and wires. Oh, gotta fix an oil leak which is elbow on top of valve cover and may just put new valve cover gasket on.
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #9974
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post
Glad you're ok justn, sorry to see your WJ is toasted... (Looking for a smiley that is one patting another on the back, but we don't seem to have one here, so just use your imagination, lol)
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyhasadd2 View Post
whats do you think insurance will give you?
I'm hoping for $5000. It was in great shape for its age and had 119,000 miles. Luckily the guy that rear ended me has insurance so I don't have to pay my deductible.
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #9975
thisguyhasadd2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Thanks man

I'm hoping for $5000. It was in great shape for its age and had 119,000 miles. Luckily the guy that rear ended me has insurance so I don't have to pay my deductible.
dang that was jerky of me ..., im glad your ok too
my professor was just talking to me about how high the risk of rear end collisions are and why its a terrible idea to have jerry cans mounted to the rear tire carrier im building..... impact ------> KABLAMMMMOO!!!!

as much as it sucks to loose your wj its gotta be nice thinking about a new one
Colorado Jeep Club Member#259
thisguyhasadd2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.