Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#13,261 ·
Scurv14 said:
cleaned her out today. Gonna get rid of my green stripes over my hood soon. going back black and then doing the grill insert orange.
Did you buy it lime that?

#13,264 ·
01bluegrndchrke said:
Hey man nice shoes on the wj did they come off of a wrangler they look nice
Thanks. Yeah it's JK moabs but I hate km2's, they do ****ty on lava. So I bought the kevlars

#13,265 ·
Sorry to hear about the funerals.

Nice score on the case:highfive:

I was under the impression that the 242hd was only an option with the v8 in 02 and 03:confused:
Thanks for the condolence.

The parts fiche's for 00-03 show a 242(4.0 code ERO and 4.7 code EVO). All 4 fiche's show the same TC chain p/n for the EVO and is different from the ERO. Also, the EVO was a V8 option only. So it is a HD 242. Yeah!:2thumbsup: Links imbedded to the following specs.

EVO 242 4.7 (00-03) pn 05003453AA
Type: NP 242, 244
Number of links: 49
Width: 1-1/4"

ERO 242 4.0 (00-03) pn 83504575
Type: NP 242
Number of links: 36
Width: 1"

#13,266 ·
Scurv14 said:
cleaned her out today. Gonna get rid of my green stripes over my hood soon. going back black and then doing the grill insert orange.
Definitely post a pic when you paint the inserts orange. I'm interested in seeing what it looks like, sounds like a cool idea.

#13,267 ·
Bought new thermostat and therm gasket, but got Oreillys "universal" coolant, the guy said "yeah it's fine". I knew better but I can always use it.

Where the heck do I get HOAT?

#13,270 ·
Got my new winter tires Nokian hakkapelitta R SUV 255/60/18 mounted on the JK 18's today, thread pattern look awsome, cant wait to get full traction on snow/ice thrue the LSD, overall tire diameter is slightly bigger than my 20's, so i Will need the new spring isolators for sure, it Will be a tight fit, filling up the wheel well to the Max, the look Will be great though.
Now waiting for snow, ha ha, it Will be awhile yet.

Attachments

#13,271 ·
Bought new thermostat and therm gasket, but got Oreillys "universal" coolant, the guy said "yeah it's fine". I knew better but I can always use it.

Where the heck do I get HOAT?
In my area, no one seems to stock the HOAT. However, O'Reilly's can have it in 24 hours usually. O'Reilly's here sells Valvoline, Zerex G0-5 Hoat Anti Freeze.
They just do not normally stock it.

Here is a link to what you want from O'Reilly's

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...949&keyword=valvoline+g0-5&pt=N0496&ppt=C0059

#13,273 ·
#13,275 ·
Been following you on YouTube! Awesome videos, keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
x2 saw your video of the Death Valley Run, great editing and presentation!

#13,276 ·
Day's Mods

Well ok not a mod per-se but...

I buffed the headlights nice and clear. They were about 50% before (forgot to get a pic before.. oh well)

AND I rummaged the local Upull it, got a full set of OE 16" gold-inlay "Y" wheels, 2 center caps I've been missing, a few odds and ends trim pieces that were cracked.

Still needed are.. lift struts for rear-glass and a new trans dip stick. Don't ask me how you break that.. sorry PO.

Attachments

#13,277 ·
Installed my 2.5 inch lift today. Took a total of about 9 hours when all was said and done. Rusty's Springs, Bilestein 5100's, All new isolators, JKS Trackbar, and Zone front links.

When I started, I was 17" in front and 18" in back. Now I'm sitting at 22.5" all around (give or take 1/4).

Sorry I don't have before and after pics. I reminded myself 10 times over to take a before picture and still never did, and it was too dark by the time I finished to take one.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long my Rezeppa Rezeppa front DS lasts?

#13,278 ·
Holy crap man, that 2.5 inch lifted netted you 5.5" front and 4.5" inches front. Or 4.5 inches over stock in the front and 3.5 inches over stock in the rear! If you really are at 22.5 inches from hub to fender... that d.s. wont last long. You are measuring from center of wheel to fender?

#13,279 ·
Warrior_22 said:
Well ok not a mod per-se but...

I buffed the headlights nice and clear. They were about 50% before (forgot to get a pic before.. oh well)

AND I rummaged the local Upull it, got a full set of OE 16" gold-inlay "Y" wheels, 2 center caps I've been missing, a few odds and ends trim pieces that were cracked.

Still needed are.. lift struts for rear-glass and a new trans dip stick. Don't ask me how you break that.. sorry PO.
I thought those wheels were for ZJ's..and a different bolt pattern.