What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 595 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #8911
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
as far as I'm concerned shouldnt make a difference... ZJ and WJs both had 42res and both came with d35/d30 with 3.55s in basic form
I was referencing more of the lift chart... The attached chart was made for the WJ.

noobliftcomponentchart2.jpg  
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #8912
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
Whoa you have a seriously clean undercarriage. Wish mine were that clean...
Thanks, I've heard that a couple of times, I try not to drive it in the salt to much and if I do I wash it down really good no matter how cold it is and pull it in the garage then turn the heat up a little so it drys out fast, anyhow I like to drive in the fresh stuff before the city plow takes away all the fun

Also any time I see a hint of rust I break out the anti rust paint and kill it!

Unread 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #8913
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
Thanks, I've heard that a couple of times, I try not to drive it in the salt to much and if I do I wash it down really good no matter how cold it is and pull it in the garage then turn the heat up a little so it drys out fast, anyhow I like to drive in the fresh stuff before the city plow takes away all the fun
Good god that looks amazing. I keep the Rubicon looking exactly like that. But when I drive the WJ in mud/salt etc I always always hose it off quickly too keep it from rusting! You have a beautiful Overland!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #8914
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES

Also any time I see a hint of rust I break out the anti rust paint and kill it!
Wow... Once again amazingly clean man. I'd hold my head up high and proud if I could get my jeep that clean. Your tempting me to get down there and start degreasing and painting.

On another note, how are you liking the green stuff pads? Been thinking about picking em up once my brakes are due.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #8915
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonryda112 View Post
ok so i'm putting new tires on my 2004 grand cherakee wj they are 35s 12.50 wide. i have some body work done to the front and rear bumper so they dont get in the way but the wheel wells are the stock specs. it has a 4 in. lift and the rims have a 4.25 offset away from the body. I need to know if i will run into any problems after putting these on if the even fit in there.

some one on here has to know right???
You are going to have to do a ton more cutting, grinding, and hammering to get 35x12.50s to fit especially if those are 10" wide wheels you have. You are going to have to cut your fenders and inner fenders like I have done to mine. I have only a 2" BB and need new isolators so I really have only 1.5" of lift over stock and 3.25-3.5" of metal cut off the whole front fender down through the bumper, removed fog lights and cut the bezels down 3" washer bottle delete. Rear is cut 2.25" all the way around. Those are just little 31x10.50s needs 33x10.50s or 33x12.50s with the amount of cutting I have.

Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #8916
USFORCES
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevino View Post
Wow... Once again amazingly clean man. I'd hold my head up high and proud if I could get my jeep that clean. Your tempting me to get down there and start degreasing and painting.

On another note, how are you liking the green stuff pads? Been thinking about picking em up once my brakes are due.
I really like them they stop good, just read the reviews on them. Reason I got them was to help stop the bigger 33" tires a little, they are expensive though $575 for pads and rotors all the way around.
But I got the two for one deal!!
Get this I took it in right after I put them on to discount tire to have tire pressure sensors installed and the guy took the wire grinder to the studs that were brand new? It's discount tires standard procedure well it took some of the black zinc finish off the rotors, so I complained to the manager and called EBC, they said the black zinc is there so they don't rust.
Long story short, Discount tire bought me a complete extra set of EBC green pads and rotors.
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #8917
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
I really like them they stop good, just read the reviews on them. Reason I got them was to help stop the bigger 33" tires a little, they are expensive though $575 for pads and rotors all the way around.
But I got the two for one deal!!
Get this I took it in right after I put them on to discount tire to have tire pressure sensors installed and the guy took the wire grinder to the studs that were brand new? It's discount tires standard procedure well it took some of the black zinc finish off the rotors, so I complained to the manager and called EBC, they said the black zinc is there so they don't rust.
Long story short, Discount tire bought me a complete extra set of EBC green pads and rotors.
yeah. ebc greens and ultimax rotors. they'll stop the dub real quick-like. been runnin em for years. even covered in mud they've thrown the dog forward pretty good

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #8918
Trevino
1999 WJ 

Good to know. I'm running the baer decela drilled and slitted rotors for about 2 years but can't find em anywhere anymore so I've gotta find something else. Think I'm gonna go with your setup.
Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #8919
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Filled my windshield washer fluid reservoir

I get to go home over spring break, so the Jeeps going to get some special attention for her 100K birthday. Ordered: spark plugs, oil, oil filter, TPS, IAC, differential fluid, brake pads, windshield wipers, and fog light bulbs... Everything I could think of/afford. I might finally paint the cladding, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
You are going to have to do a ton more cutting, grinding, and hammering to get 35x12.50s to fit especially if those are 10" wide wheels you have. You are going to have to cut your fenders and inner fenders like I have done to mine. I have only a 2" BB and need new isolators so I really have only 1.5" of lift over stock and 3.25-3.5" of metal cut off the whole front fender down through the bumper, removed fog lights and cut the bezels down 3" washer bottle delete. Rear is cut 2.25" all the way around. Those are just little 31x10.50s needs 33x10.50s or 33x12.50s with the amount of cutting I have.
What happened to that flat black paint job you did yourself? Did you ever get it waxed or prettied up some?
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #8920
fuzzy88
2004 WJ 

Re installed my CAI with an Injen Hydrashield.

( Originally thought that the CAI had caused the CEL to come on but after locating and trying to clean the IAT I know that it needs to be replaced now.) This forums is GREAT!!
imag0136.jpg  
fuzzy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #8921
dtrkyman
2013 WK 

installed some stillen/dba front rotors, rears going on tomorrow.
dtrkyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #8922
robbins12

Drove it to school and got a shot before the snow started hard
image-2782695409.jpg  
robbins12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #8923
56BelAir
2001 WJ 

What did I do with my jeep today

I shopped for new shocks. Any suggestions?

Paul
Parker, CO
Pretty cool roof rack
4.7 V8
56BelAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #8924
Cnolenwj

2000 WJ 

Asked bushwacker about wj fender flairs and the said they are working on them and would post pics soon. If interested post something in this Facebook post to let them know we want to see them. http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story....00000454207551
Thanks.

Build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1195835/

North Texas Grands- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...rands-1323367/

Grand Slam Texas- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...texas-1419143/

Grand Slam Texas Group- http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups...00000454207551
Cnolenwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #8925
grey03wj
2003 WJ 

Got a lil mud on the jeep.
grey03wj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.