What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 565 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #8461
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I agree. I would never go over 6000K. I might even come down to 5000K
I like 4000-4300K the most as they are the least eye straining color temperatures, for my eyes anyway. A 4300K 50W is the a nice white light with just a very slight hint of yellow but no where near as yellow as a typical halogen bulb and about 6 times the light output of a halogen bulb as well.

Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #8462
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I wish they made stock looking projector housings the halo ones are a bit too flashy for my taste I would rep 4300 HIDs

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #8463
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I wish they made stock looking projector housings the halo ones are a bit too flashy for my taste I would rep 4300 HIDs
I did not connect the halos or LEDs on mine so they look way more stock IMHO. The light output (stock halogen bulbs still) compared to the stock headlights is so much better especially the low beams.
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #8464
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I wish they did make them too. There are retrofits out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I did not connect the halos or LEDs on mine so they look way more stock IMHO. The light output (stock halogen bulbs still) compared to the stock headlights is so much better especially the low beams.
I do not have the halos or led's hooked up either... just pulled the fuse for that.

Quote:
I like 4000-4300K the most as they are the least eye straining color temperatures, for my eyes anyway. A 4300K 50W is the a nice white light with just a very slight hint of yellow but no where near as yellow as a typical halogen bulb and about 6 times the light output of a halogen bulb as well.
I do not mind the white light, to me it looks pretty cool. But has most of us know, it starts to suck when it rains.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #8465
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
I like the AEM dryflow filters.
I was very happy with my amsoil, but I kinda want something that flows a bit more. While I have had nothing but good luck with k and n, I also am tired of oiling filters.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #8466
Mud_Crazy
2002 WJ 

Had a dream that i was cruzing out at Moab in the dub....sigh(one day my love, one day)

lol
SILVER&BLACK 02 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4.7L V8 HO, Clayton 6" liftT w/ Bilstien 5100's and 2in pucks , 37X12.5 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's on red and black Creeper Locks, front and back Dana 60 w/ ARB lockers, Chromolly shafts and 5.13 gears, ARB compressor, Flowmaster 50 exhuast, K&N FIPK, IRO front bumper and flares, and Cobra 29NW with firestick antenna.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/backdoor_artist-first-ever-jeep-build-1167659/index7.html#post12830094"]Build Thread[/URL]
Mud_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #8467
radryan505
2002 WJ 

I have neglected my WJ... for weeks now, while trying to get my new placed fixed up to move in. Thats what I have done to my WJ today..... sigh

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #8468
Jaredride
2002 WJ 

Installed the Moog Super Trail Boss Steering Stabilizer (AKA KOR Steering Stabilizer)... The bolt on the passenger side that connects to the tie-rod was absolutely brutal!!!! PB Blaster didn't even faze it. After a freaking ton of effort & excursion, I finally won that battle.. but.. in hindsight.. I should have just cut the bolt, it would have been a million times easier. If anyone is going to do this install and is struggling with that side specifically.. CUT THE BOLT!!! lol

Also added a rear receiver hitch recovery shackle.
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #8469
Chase08
1999 WJ 

Spent valentines day with the dub... New radiator, water pump, thermostat, lower radiator hose, upper radiator hose, new drive belt, radiator cap, a few new snap-on tools, a little debt to the shop I work at, and the wife is happy. But man was that a task. Never did it on the dub before.

Next task- oil change and blend doors hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Just want to say thanks to all that give info on here, I am mechanically inclined but no mechanic, I am an auto body paint tech but with a little research on the forum, 99% of my questions get answered and explained in depth. Thanks!! The forum definitely made this task easier.
Chase08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #8470
imaguy3
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredride View Post
Installed the Moog Super Trail Boss Steering Stabilizer (AKA KOR Steering Stabilizer)... The bolt on the passenger side that connects to the tie-rod was absolutely brutal!!!! PB Blaster didn't even faze it. After a freaking ton of effort & excursion, I finally won that battle.. but.. in hindsight.. I should have just cut the bolt, it would have been a million times easier. If anyone is going to do this install and is struggling with that side specifically.. CUT THE BOLT!!! lol
Also added a rear receiver hitch recovery shackle.

were you trying to loosen the nut or the bolt. If I remember right from doing mine, the nut is tackwelded, so if you hold the nut and loosen the bolt like I did no problems
Unread 02-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #8471
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Last nite got the wiring run for my ff75's to the rear. Made chili for camping this weekend, and got my protein for the camping trip. hopefully wheel spacers come today so I can get that done along with running my new cb cable bc my cb's been acting squirrely lately.
forumrunner_20120215_073447.jpg  

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #8472
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase08
Spent valentines day with the dub... New radiator, water pump, thermostat, lower radiator hose, upper radiator hose, new drive belt, radiator cap, a few new snap-on tools, a little debt to the shop I work at, and the wife is happy. But man was that a task. Never did it on the dub before.

Next task- oil change and blend doors hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Just want to say thanks to all that give info on here, I am mechanically inclined but no mechanic, I am an auto body paint tech but with a little research on the forum, 99% of my questions get answered and explained in depth. Thanks!! The forum definitely made this task easier.
Amen brotha. I went from knowing basics to knowing quite a bit more in just a year on here

Unread 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #8473
rboots
1999 WJ 

2" bb and new dynapro atm's. And mounted my spare up above.

forumrunner_20120215_071339.jpg
rboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #8474
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

MIGHT have an entire 4x4 system to go pick up tomorrow. Found a WJ with 88k and V8 that the guy has the 4x4 up for sale. (axles, tranny, transfer case, driveshafts) since i've been looking for a 242, i think i struck gold! i called him and he said it had 2wd and 4wd, but he wasn't sure what axles...but it sounds like a 242, which means that the axles are d30 and d44a, right? anyway, gonna grab that 242 for myself! anyone need axles or a tranny?

Unread 02-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #8475
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ
MIGHT have an entire 4x4 system to go pick up tomorrow. Found a WJ with 88k and V8 that the guy has the 4x4 up for sale. (axles, tranny, transfer case, driveshafts) since i've been looking for a 242, i think i struck gold! i called him and he said it had 2wd and 4wd, but he wasn't sure what axles...but it sounds like a 242, which means that the axles are d30 and d44a, right? anyway, gonna grab that 242 for myself! anyone need axles or a tranny?
If it's a v8 it automatically has a d44a with 3.73s... AND it means it's a 242HD, special beefed up version of the 242... very rare and very valuable don't tell him that though I'm jealous. Not that you really need the HD, my roommate put a standard 242 in his modded 5.9 and it's taking like 400hp and ft/lb just fine. I need a tranny to rebuild and beef up on the side but I'm pretty broke right now lol.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.