What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 554 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 02-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #8296
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Bought the following:

OME HD springs
Bilstien 5100 shocks
8 isos
rancho steering stabilizer
addco rear sway bar
greasable sway bushings
JKS trackbar
IRO 3in sway links

About to buy cragers and tires.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #8297
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey

Kolak sells his own bushing sleeves and if I recall correctly they are cheaper than KOR's. He used to sell KOR's but not anymore. Probably due to cost reasons. If its not too late you can email him for a quote and cancel your order with KOR. I have had kolaks since I installed aftermarket shocks and have never had clunks. Just another idea.
Didn't even think of kolak for those. Damn. It's too late, kor ones will be here tomm

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #8298
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Just ordered 16in crager soft 8s 5x5 4inBS and 245 75-16 grabber at2 E tires times 5.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #8299
joze

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboar View Post
Did you buy offbrand? Dealership wanted like $200 bucks for that. Found those strongarms ones on amazon for like $17 a pop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
i think strongarm is pretty much the standard now
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
I got all 6 shock supports from advanced auto and I think they ranged from 15-20 each. Work great so far.
I ordered them at a local parts store. Offbrand, can't remember the name right now. I thought about ordering strongarms, but when I add shipping costs + customs + tax... it becomes a lot more than I'm willing to pay. Plus sometimes it's really hard to find a seller that will ship to EU (I'm from Slovenia). I generally search ebay (mostly german) and amazon, but like I said... shipping is a *****. I'll propably wait 'till I need enough things to fill 1/2 of a container, then maybe it'll be cost efficient
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-non-build-fix-when-gets-broken-thread-1240817/"]My non-build thread[/URL]| [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/black-jeep-society/"]Black Jeep Society member[/URL]
[QUOTE=Ljohn221;12072741]You can't start a new civilization without jeeps[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dukie564;11573618]
[B]Epic boobs saving threads since 1978[/B][/QUOTE]
joze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #8300
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joze View Post
I ordered them at a local parts store. Offbrand, can't remember the name right now. I thought about ordering strongarms, but when I add shipping costs + customs + tax... it becomes a lot more than I'm willing to pay. Plus sometimes it's really hard to find a seller that will ship to EU (I'm from Slovenia). I generally search ebay (mostly german) and amazon, but like I said... shipping is a *****. I'll propably wait 'till I need enough things to fill 1/2 of a container, then maybe it'll be cost efficient
Thats what I did. Dont remember the brand but they were priced pretty well and work great.
WJ Build!
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #8301
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

3m headlight restoration. Worked great!
forumrunner_20120207_173306.jpg  

Unread 02-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #8302
Dasko
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joze
Ordered liftgate suppports today. I kinda got tired of liftgate falling on my head and carrying a stick in the back to hold it up when i'm unloading stuff.
ha ha ha ha I did the same thing with a lacrosse stick
In the other news I drove it around in the snow in kansas it's nice to see that it actually does have a winter here

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #8303
03overland03
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasko View Post
ha ha ha ha I did the same thing with a lacrosse stick
In the other news I drove it around in the snow in kansas it's nice to see that it actually does have a winter here
still no snow for us here in richmond,va. bought my jeep in november and i'm disappointed with the lack of snow. the past 2 years we had at least 10" in january. we've had 0 so far this year though
03overland03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #8304
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03overland03 View Post
still no snow for us here in richmond,va. bought my jeep in november and i'm disappointed with the lack of snow. the past 2 years we had at least 10" in january. we've had 0 so far this year though
Yeah like 1in or less here in maryland...Pretty sad but at least no salt to worry about.
WJ Build!
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #8305
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
registered for jeep beach
I wanted to register but go figure they made it just a couple weeks early enough when all of the college students have to prepare for finals

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #8306
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

I wanted to register but go figure they made it just a couple weeks early enough when all of the college students have to prepare for finals
Booooooo. So you're out?

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #8307
Jaredride
2002 WJ 

Today I did a quick & dirty paint job to conceal a big, nasty, rusted, down to the sheet metal scar.

Certainly not "fixed", but it looks a whole lot better for the time being until I figure out what I want to do with it.

BEFORE:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Also... A couple pics from yesterday's $2.69 Radio Shack Aux-IN install...

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #8308
03overland03
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
Yeah like 1in or less here in maryland...Pretty sad but at least no salt to worry about.
true, but what's the point in owning a jeep? i have no trails or anything to ride on.
03overland03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #8309
Dasko
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03overland03

Richmond huh? I'm from winchester I'm surprised its been that mild this year everywhere. On that note it stopped snowing. Ended up with about just shy of a light dusting....horrible.

2001 WJ- SOLD

[QUOTE=mrJ]It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.[/QUOTE][/CENTER]
Dasko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #8310
vann69
2004 WJ 

Wj

i put on my 2" BB from Fat bob's Garage!
Now for some bigger tires and wheel spacers
2012-02-06_16-15-07_151.jpg   2012-02-06_16-11-29_869.jpg  
vann69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.