What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 553 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #8281
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Drove to a place I didnt want to go and bought my fastman throttle body. Also started the emails about possibly lifting the WJ and coming closer to deciding on duratracs or grabber at2s...

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #8282
amremt408
1998 ZJ 

Decided to drop my driver side exhaust manifold off at the machine shop so they could make it perfectly flush for me at a fraction of the cost of a new one. Also picked up a new gasket at autozone along with some engine cleaning supplies. The "exhaust manifold bolt kit" that they had in stock looked nothing like the bolts that I took out. Is this going to be something I find at the dealership only?

2004 WJ... OME HD coils, Bilsteins shocks, JKS adj track bar, MOOG SS, ADDCO rear sway bar with ext., Bridgestone REVO 265/70/17.
amremt408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #8283
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Got rid of my P.O.S stabilizer and put on the hand me down from the JK.
436.jpg  

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #8284
samiam2187
2004 WJ 

Found out that my radiator was shot and caused my jeep 4.0 to overheat. ON the inside, there was a section that also houses the transmission fluid and the barrier between coolant and transfluid had been opened.

Our mechanic replaced the radiator, did a flush of the coolant twice, and flushed about 14 qt's of trans fluid.

I gave it a 300 mile drive yesterday to drop my sister off at college and the trans drives mych better since the flush. My mechanic is going to flush the trans 1 more time to be sure he got everything out

Anyone have this happen?
samiam2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #8285
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

So your saying you had water in the tranny? And atf in the radiator?

I have a leak in my radiator and will be changing soon, just wanting to know what I'm up against if there are any weird problems like you mention.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #8286
samiam2187
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcrew View Post
So your saying you had water in the tranny? And atf in the radiator?
Yep.... It overheated, and my dad caught it,shut off the car and had it towed back to our mechanic.

He said the coolant looked like a chocalate milkshake
samiam2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #8287
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam2187
He said the coolant looked like a chocalate milkshake
Oi

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #8288
WJ2000
2000 WJ 

Getting my Jeep ready for the King of the Hammers, leaveing tomarrow .
2000 WJ 4.0 NEW 4.6 stroker. W/ 4'' Tera Flex Long arm kit, KING 2.5s w/res front,2.5 Kings w/res Rear,Tom wood front drive, 33 x 15s KM2s, Bassett 15'x8 ,fully addjustible Tera flex Track bar, IRO 3link rear, EBC Dippled & sloted front disks, EBC green stuff pads, Iceland off road fender flairs''.
WJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #8289
joze

Ordered liftgate suppports today. I kinda got tired of liftgate falling on my head and carrying a stick in the back to hold it up when i'm unloading stuff.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/my-non-build-fix-when-gets-broken-thread-1240817/"]My non-build thread[/URL]| [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/black-jeep-society/"]Black Jeep Society member[/URL]
[QUOTE=Ljohn221;12072741]You can't start a new civilization without jeeps[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=dukie564;11573618]
[B]Epic boobs saving threads since 1978[/B][/QUOTE]
joze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #8290
hellboar
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joze View Post
Ordered liftgate suppports today. I kinda got tired of liftgate falling on my head and carrying a stick in the back to hold it up when i'm unloading stuff.
Did you buy offbrand? Dealership wanted like $200 bucks for that. Found those strongarms ones on amazon for like $17 a pop.
hellboar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #8291
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboar View Post
Did you buy offbrand? Dealership wanted like $200 bucks for that. Found those strongarms ones on amazon for like $17 a pop.
i think strongarm is pretty much the standard now

Unread 02-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #8292
liquidxit2
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboar View Post
I got all 6 shock supports from advanced auto and I think they ranged from 15-20 each. Work great so far.
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 low output quadradrive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein 5100, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in exhaust with flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, Custom K and N FIPK, modded airbox with ram air, Fastman 71mm Throttle body, PML RFE Deep pan, Autometer digital trans temp gauge, P.I.E. aux adapter, Infinity reference 3.5/6x9/6.5, 200w inverter, surco rack, front/rear/cargo husky liners.
WJ Build!
liquidxit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #8293
joshcraig78
2000 WJ 

Had my front windows retinted yesterday and added the strip on the windshield. Pics will come later

Last edited by joshcraig78; 02-08-2012 at 07:14 AM..
joshcraig78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #8294
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

registered for jeep beach

Unread 02-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #8295
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ
No ****. And I ordered rear shock bushings sleeves from KOR last week, paid as much in shipping as the part cost, and I'm still waiting on the part a week later. I think I'm going to start a "KOR is a bunch of d-bags" thread. Let em see what jeepers think of their deals and shipping prices/times. Hell, priority mail would be here by now and cost $9 insured. Instead, I got to pay $17 FedEx ground that takes a week on am $18 part that fits in a ziploc. Ok, just needed to get that out
Kolak sells his own bushing sleeves and if I recall correctly they are cheaper than KOR's. He used to sell KOR's but not anymore. Probably due to cost reasons. If its not too late you can email him for a quote and cancel your order with KOR. I have had kolaks since I installed aftermarket shocks and have never had clunks. Just another idea.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.