What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 12-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #796
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
My signature didn't show up.... odd....

04 WJ Laredo 4.0 w/ Selec-trac 4x4 in Midnight Blue Pearl. Projector/Halo lights with 55w HID H1 6000K Low Beams and 100w High Beams and Fog Lights. Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 Head Unit, Memphis Coax 3-way 6x9's Fronts and Memphis 6.5 Coax 2-Way Rears. Driver's Heated Seat Upgrade. Interior White LED's upgrade. More to come...

"I do not feel the need for speed, I feel the need to feed my addiction to my Jeep" =)

>Snobrdrkid's Build Thread<
Yeah, that IS odd. I don't see it either.

The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #797
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

Took it on a hunt with a meeting place in the snowy hills. a stock ZJ got stuck and had to be pulled out by a suburu. I felt bad that i wasnt there to save his dignity.
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #798
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

not exactly today. but more like the past 2 weeks.

got it back from the shop after getting sideswiped. new fender. repainted hood and driver door to match. a shiny new rim. new front fascia as well. and got the rust above my driverside wheel sanded, bondoed..? and primered. ready for rhinolining!

and a HUGE upgraded brush guard. you all know that the one i had was a cheapo looks better than it works kind of deal.

i just put in my new taillights 2 days ago too. left one was shattered from when i back into my sisters car and the inside plastic on the right was messing with running lights and brake lights. (only work sometimes or on a bounce)

i have also added akebono calipers. WHICH ARE RUSTING ALREADY!!

what do you guys think? sand them up and paint semigloss black???
1204101319a.jpg   1204101319.jpg   1204101318.jpg   1204101329.jpg   1204101320.jpg  

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #799
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

bought a TPS for it today.
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #800
huntandfish
2004 WJ 

put on the new americanmuscle lugs.

old ones crapped out on me.
dscn0777small.jpg  
A great place for outdoorsmen in the NW. www.hunting-washington.com Member Screen name- addicted
huntandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #801
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
Yeah, that IS odd. I don't see it either.
on my original post about the HID lights, the signature wast there. Maybe because I was using my phone
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #802
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Installed a K & N air filter and finished my lift, upper/lower ball joints, wheel bearings, and all 4 tie rod ends up today.
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #803
MStaffin
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibbyz99WJ View Post

got it back from the shop after getting sideswiped. new fender. repainted hood and driver door to match. a shiny new rim. new front fascia as well. and got the rust above my driverside wheel sanded, bondoed..? and primered. ready for rhinolining!

and a HUGE upgraded brush guard. you all know that the one i had was a cheapo looks better than it works kind of deal.

i just put in my new taillights 2 days ago too. left one was shattered from when i back into my sisters car and the inside plastic on the right was messing with running lights and brake lights. (only work sometimes or on a bounce)

Like the taillights are they the smoked ones? Also what brand and how much they cost?
MStaffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #804
Uglyducklyin713
1999 WJ 

Cleaned it up a little at work, sorry about the cell phone pic

WJ- 4.7, NV247, KOR 2.75 lift, KOR 3/4 front spacers, 32" KM2's, IRO dual Tenneco Steering Stabilizers, ProComp ES3000 shocks, Tom Woods front DS, Rola Roof Rack, Saguaro Front Shackles, Overland sliders, Flowmaster Exhaust, LEDs in the interior, Cobra CB, 6000K Hid's, 3500K fogs, Fog Lights up top, Tinted Lights...
Uglyducklyin713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #805
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoor_artist View Post
seafoamed the vacuum lines, replaced spark plugs, and serpentine belt. Good old Steph (my WJ) got so pep back in here step....haha
Im afraid to seafoam...its in the garage sitting on the shelf, but I fear freeing up some crust that could screw things up
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #806
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGrandCheroke View Post
Like the taillights are they the smoked ones? Also what brand and how much they cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibbyz99WJ View Post

Not a fan of the tail lights, they look like ebay rice....

you are going to have to paint the calipers to stop the rust. I have found that every caliper I have ever done aftermarket rusts after first moisture exposure
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #807
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGrandCheroke View Post
yep they are indeed from ebay.

99-04 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE PAIR ALTEZZA REAR TAIL LIGHTS - eBay (item 360322884836 end time Dec-25-10 19:27:31 PST)

those are the exact ones. no i did not get the smoked, although my friends and i agree they would look better. i fixed them because old ones were toast, shattered inside and out from age and backing into my sisters car
plus i got a fix it ticket and i did not want to deal with the officer not accepting them because they are illegally tinted or something

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #808
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Just pulled my front drive shaft..... It had a vibration.
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #809
CTJeepWJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntandfish View Post
put on the new americanmuscle lugs.

old ones crapped out on me.
Are those actually designed for alloy wheels? I bought black ProComp lugs that look just like that and I found out that they are only for steel wheels and not alloys.

Let me know, thanks.

BLACK JEEP SOCIETY
www.facebook.com/BlackJeepSociety
2010 JK & 2004 WJ
CTJeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #810
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Wj

I'm still working this HHO project. I changed to polyethelyne tubing for the PVC quick connects and eliminated a leak; it was either that or I build a new one using different connectors. I hope to tighten up loose ends during lunch, and fill the system with electrolyte this evening.

A quick read for anyone curious: HHO Technology

The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.